Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping to a student from the US

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haledamage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping to a student from the US
    Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 10:24am
How can I ship some personal items to my son who is from the US and going to school in Montreal?
Do the students have to pay duties and taxes on their personal items?Smile
Texas Girl
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:31pm
If you son has a valid study permit, he's permitted to ship his personal effects without paying duty.
There is a form on the CBSA website for that.
sultan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 5:38am
Canada is one the great destinations for students as well working people. Studying in Canada requires a good academic qualification and a good balance as well. I have heard lot about student
movers Canada moving domestically in search of apartments where they don't have to rush to go to college. But certainly Canada is dreamland for every kind of people either it's working visa or student visa.

Edited by sultan - 28 Dec 2011 at 5:38am
lsmyth2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmyth2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:25pm
Just make sure you don't designate it as "gifts." If so, the additional fees will be necessary to pay.  My mom made that mistake once!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic