Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR for new Born in India

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEB2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR for new Born in India
    Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 3:12am

My Wife along with my daughter landed in Canada in  June 2009 & stayed for one month in Canada . WE ( full family) came back to India after getting PR Card in July 2009  & is still in India due to family obligation . My wife is 6 months preganant &  her expected delivery  date is 30th Nov 2011 . We are planning delivery in India . By April 2012 we will be shifting permanently to Canada .  Please advise us what should we do that our second baby goes along with us in April 2012 without any trouble . Should we intimate Canadian Embassey now that  my wife is expecting by Nov 2011 . What are important  points we need to follow so that we enter Canada in April 2012 with our new born baby without any trouble .
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 2:17pm
From what I know children born overseas to PR parents have no legal Canadian status. You will have to sponsor them as a family member after birth.

Edited by MajidS - 06 Sep 2011 at 5:39pm
adamg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 4:03pm
I assume you are Canadian? if that is true then your new born child will be Canadian but you would need to apply for Canadian citizenship for the baby. The newborn is only able to be Canadian if one of the parents Canadian before being born.

Here is a link for you so can read about it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-eligibility.asp  but if not then like MajidS said you will need to sponsor the newborn
03/01/05-Married
06/21/05-Sponsor Appr
07/08/05-App proc
01/09/06-Interview/Denied
06/06/06-Appeal
03/14/07-denied
01/31/10-twins born
02/19/10-new app proc
06/16/11-Wife appr
10/13/11-wife landed
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 6:40pm
Hi

Originally posted by adamg adamg wrote:

I assume you are Canadian? if that is true then your new born child will be Canadian but you would need to apply for Canadian citizenship for the baby. The newborn is only able to be Canadian if one of the parents Canadian before being born.

Here is a link for you so can read about it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-eligibility.asp  but if not then like MajidS said you will need to sponsor the newborn

The OP is not a Canadian it appears, they "landed" in 2009 and then returned to India. If the OP is unable to get a visitor visa (TRV)or Temporary Resident permit (TRP) for the child, then one parent will have to return to Canada to sponsor the the child.

Edited by pmm - 06 Sep 2011 at 6:40pm
PMM
srivats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srivats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 9:00pm
I am planning to send my wife to India for pregnancy and delivery. We both are PR. How long would it take to get my child the PR status?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:16am
Hi

Originally posted by srivats srivats wrote:

I am planning to send my wife to India for pregnancy and delivery. We both are PR. How long would it take to get my child the PR status?

Processing in Delhi for a complete application after approval in Mississauga, about 4 months. Minimal medical, no security no background checks. Passport and birth certificate.
PMM
PEB2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEB2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:46am
I have already send one letter to CIC DELHI , giving them advance intimation that my wife is expecting  her delivery by Nov 2011 . I have attached all consultation reports  from DOCTOR & undertaking from DOCTOR under whose she is undergoing consultation since she became pregant .
I have requested CIC Delhi to inform the procedure , I need to follow so that my new born baby goes with me next year .
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by PEB2011 PEB2011 wrote:

I have already send one letter to CIC DELHI , giving them advance intimation that my wife is expecting  her delivery by Nov 2011 . I have attached all consultation reports  from DOCTOR & undertaking from DOCTOR under whose she is undergoing consultation since she became pregant .
I have requested CIC Delhi to inform the procedure , I need to follow so that my new born baby goes with me next year .

CIC Delhi will only be expecting either of two things from you regarding the child:
1. Application for a TRV (visitor), or,
2. Application for sponsorship for PR (permanent).

Both can only be done after birth. CIC Delhi cannot register your child at the consulate because neither of you are Canadian Citizens.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:34pm
Hi

Originally posted by MajidS MajidS wrote:

Originally posted by PEB2011 PEB2011 wrote:

CIC Delhi will only be expecting either of two things from you regarding the child:
1. Application for a TRV (visitor), or,
2. Application for sponsorship for PR (permanent).

Both can only be done after birth. CIC Delhi cannot register your child at the consulate because neither of you are Canadian Citizens.

Also as PRs one of the parents has to be in Canada to submit the sponsorship to Mississauga, if approved, will send it to Delhi.
PMM
PEB2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEB2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:15am

OUR Baby is already born in Nov 2011 & we are planning to go to Canada by April first week .

Passport for new born already made .

I am applying for TRV for my new born  but is not sure under which category should I apply for TRV in India .

Please provide the link , if availaible .

Any other information useful is welcome sir.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic