Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parent sponsorship: approved but country changed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent sponsorship: approved but country changed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parent sponsorship: approved but country changed
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:35am
After nearly 4 years of waiting, CPC-M has approved my application to sponsor my parents.

Alot changes in 4 years so my parents now live in a different country served by a different visa office than what we have indicated on the application (and where the approval letter says the file has been transmitted).

Has anyone run into this issue before ? I really want to know whether we should send the PR applications to the office we originally indicated or the one that is now serving my parents new country of residence.

Thanks
Blue
TorontoGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:33pm
Hi Blue...
When did you apply for your parents ? I mean in Mississauga.

Thanks
blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:51pm
Oct 2007
TorontoGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:17pm
To answer your question. Call CIC and ask them to forward your application to the new office serving your parents. You have to let them know that your parents have re-located to a different country. CIC has to be up to date to your parent's address.
Question for you: Did they ask you for new Tax Returs to prove your income.

So I guess the date Sep 11, 2007 at the CIC website does not mean much, since you applied in October and got approved ?

What country/region are you from ?

TorontoGuy

Edited by TorontoGuy - 31 Aug 2011 at 5:19pm
blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:22pm
No documents were asked again as my application was complete with all kinds of proofs.

I don't know about the sept 2007 date, it's not to be taken as definitive.

Parents live in middle east
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic