Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-receipt of Mail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duaduaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-receipt of Mail
    Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:00pm
I have received a "decision made" email acknowledgement from CPC-M for my spousal sponsorship application. But didn't receive any written mail regarding the application. Is it okay for non-receipt? Does the email contain all the information that I would need to check on the application process?

Edited by duaduaki - 29 Aug 2011 at 11:03pm
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:07am
You didnt' give us much to go on.  Once CPC-M approves your sponsorship, they will transfer the file to the overseas embassy.  The applicant (not sponsor) should receive an acknowledgement from the embassy that gives their file number, etc.   You, as sponsor, should be able to log in to eCAS with the client ID number that's included in your sponsorship approval letter and there will be a link to the overseas processing file once it's logged in and in process.

Edited by RobsLuv - 30 Aug 2011 at 12:08am
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:43am
Query on similar or same topic:

Is one guaranteed *some* form of acknowledgment when the sponsor is approved?  Either mail or email, is it a sure thing that CIC does grant a letter of "decision made"?

We'd sure like to be able to log into eCas, but of course we are unable to because we do not have any numbers ie., receipt or client id.  (a flood in our apartment ate all our papers)  If it's not a sure thing that CIC gives that "decision made" letter, then when would it be appropriate to call the centre to find out if we can get an identification number?  I do not want to bother them.  I dislike it when I read of some applicant calling every other day or every week "to speed things up", especially when it says quite plainly that it doesn't.  *sigh*

Thank you for any reply.

-H

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic