Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working out side Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilshyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 4:49am
Are you sure that there are no timelimits in this case? I mean, if, for any reasons, your husband/wife has to extend his/ her stay abroad...
Mustafarasheed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafarasheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:48am
Thank you all for you feedback and information.
It is up time for me to leave Canada and join the business overseas, I suppose all the stipulated rules are met, however I would ask the following questions:
1- Should I inform the CIC , CBSA or any other agency before I leave to guarantee my safe return to Canada. (I might come back before the expiration of my PR in manner I would not be able to collect 730).
2- Should I obtain any documents from those department to support my case.
3- Is the travel documents have any link to the matter.
Regards,
MS
Mustafarasheed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafarasheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:59am
Thank you all for you feedback and information.
It is up time for me to leave Canada and join the business overseas, I suppose all the stipulated rules are met, however I would ask the following questions:
1- Should I inform the CIC , CBSA or any other agency before I leave to guarantee my safe return to Canada. (I might come back before the expiration of my PR in manner I would not be able to collect 730).
2- Should I obtain any documents from those department to support my case.
3- Is the travel documents have any link to the matter.
Regards,
MS
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm
Informing CIC will guarantee nothing.

Returning prior to expiration of the PR card does not necessarily equal being in compliance with the PR residency obligation. The obligation is 730 days within the previous five years (or, within the first five years, capable of meeting the 730 days by the five year anniversary of landing, the date the PR card expires not relevant to this).

Travel documents are, well, travel documents. They mostly evidence an individual's status and, beyond evidencing status for the purpose of initially obtaining certain benefits or services in Canada (drivers license, health card, and so on) generally are for the benefit of border control personnel and commercial transportation companies, simply for the purpose of showing that the individual is authorized to travel internationally (PR card being a travel document evidencing a right to enter Canada when traveling from a foreign location, subject to possible residency examination in some circumstances).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic