Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

study permit! need answers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpencerB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: study permit! need answers!
    Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Hello all,

I would like to explain my situation,

I am from the Bahamas. I recently lost my passport, which of course had my student permit in it. Now the Bahamas does not have a Canadian embassy, sadly, we use Jamaica as the nearest. I have already attended a University in Canada for a whole year, exiting and entering the country a total of 4 times on my student visa. I am in the midst of applying for a new one and a new passport. My question is, since I cannot seem to contact anyone, from my knowledge I have a 6 month time period of the amount of time I can be in Canada without a visa, or less depending on the immigration officer, correct? Now, I plan on(if I get into Canada) returning home in 4 months before my 6 month period is over, for holiday break, will the immigration officer allow me in, knowing that I am going to attend my school for those 4 months? I am sure immigration has me on file showing that do have a permit that doesn't expire for 2 years. And by the time I return home, I will have my permit back.

Thanks in advance
madisonlilac28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonlilac28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 7:49am
Try to get an affidavit of loosing your passport and try to consult it to an attorney that are expert of visa and immigration issue.

ProudOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm

Your status ends when you Study Permit Expires. No grace period.

MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:24pm
If your study permit has expired AND you have not already applied for an extension (before end of your current permit), then your legal status to stay in Canada has also ended.

There is NO "extra" grace period. However, you do have 90 days to "restore" your legal status. Many people confuse this as "extra" days allowed after expiry of one's permit. NO. This only means that you are already of illegal status and you have 90 days to "appeal" for a "restoration" of status. You will still have to apply to renew or get a new study permit.

Edited by MajidS - 07 Sep 2011 at 7:25pm
Bizlibati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizlibati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 7:37am
When my study will be ended, what can I do then? May I allowed to make a job there or not?

Edited by Bizlibati - 20 Dec 2011 at 1:43am
Answer of the question What is LNG and the explanation why the LNG market exists
francis5k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francis5k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 6:42am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic