Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Management Accountant Degree Recognized.CMA/CPA/CA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Management Accountant Degree Recognized.CMA/CPA/CA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 4:56am
Thanks ,

One more question what about ACCA members who obtain the membership through exemptions fully or partial.

Originally posted by EnglishMuffin EnglishMuffin wrote:

Hi Sayyed

You just need to be a qualified member of the ACCA, then take one exam for the CGA level 2 course on tax and law. As long as you maintain your designation with the ACCA (pay membership fees with them each year), you can practice as a CGA as well in Canada.

More details here: http://www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/International/StrategicAlliances/MraAccaCga/Pages/ca_mra_acca_initial_application_process.aspx

There are over a thousand ACCA students in Canada, so if anyone is moving here as an ACCA student, you won't be alone. ACCA is not well recognised, but as soon as you register with the CGA and they give you equivalency grade, you'll find yourself a job.

Hope that's okay.
amitsangal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitsangal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 6:20am
Hi I am ICWAI , ICSI and M.com from India. Please let me know for what qualification should I go for in Canada . Alternatively will it be better if I go for CIMA, UK .
thanks, Amit
amitsangal
sayyed View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:56am
Yeh its good idea . on the basis of your ICAWI you only need to pass strategic course of CIMA .

CIMA(UK)has MRA with Candian CMA.

so at the end you will have one Canadian degree ( certificate).

But please check that whether Canadian CMA will award membership( certificate) on the basis of CIMA(UK) if CIMA (UK) is acquired through partial or full exemptions.

Yo can email CMA - Canada to check.

If MRA is not applicable in that case take  along route and write all papers.

Good Luck!

Please share the reply.

Originally posted by amitsangal amitsangal wrote:

Hi I am ICWAI , ICSI and M.com from India. Please let me know for what qualification should I go for in Canada . Alternatively will it be better if I go for CIMA, UK .
thanks, Amit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitsangal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:35am
Thanks. let me write CMA , Canada  and will let you know feedback.
amitsangal
mangosalsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangosalsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:28pm
I am a US citizen.  I have an undergraduate degree from an accredited school where I earned a Bachelor's in Finance.  I am working on a Master's in Business Administration and am considering a career in accounting.  I have met all the requirements and plan on taking the CPA-USA exam in Idaho, Oregon, or Washington.  At the age of 27 I am now considering moving to Canada with my wife (who also has a Master's degree).

If I choose to move to Canada, would the CPA be valuable to employers or should I plan on taking a Canadian accounting equivalent?  Is the CPA-USA transferable in anyway toward a Canadian license?
Joe
shivani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 3:40am
Hi,

I am Bachelor in commerce,planning to do CIMA from India, will that be worthful in getting job in canada. or still i need to do some finance/accounts course there?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitsangal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:35am
Please see the reply recived from CMS Ontario.org

On 2/4/10, Matthew Borins <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Amit,

Thank you for your interest in the Mutual Recognition Agreement offered through the Society of Management Accountants of Canada (CMA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants of the United Kingdom (CIMA). This Mutual Recognition Agreement presents a unique opportunity for CIMA members to become Certified Management Accountants.

To be eligible for admission, applicants must:

·         Possess a university degree or the equivalent, recognized by CMA Ontario.  Applicants without a university degree will be accepted for membership if they possess a minimum of five years of practical experience at the “incontestable level” in a strategic leadership position or a blend of experience at the CS-3 and CS-4 levels of the CMA Competency Map (attached).

·         Be legally entitled to either work in Canada or be a citizen of Canada, and have a residential or business address in Ontario.

·         Possess a minimum of two years (24 months) of relevant practical experience at the managerial level (CMA Competency Map CS-2), of which one year must be gained while employed in Canada.

·         Be a member in good standing with CIMA with no outstanding disciplinary charges or outstanding complaints that are in the course of investigation.

·         Declare any previous disciplinary action and any criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.

·         Have qualified as a professional accountant by completing the entire CIMA program of studies.  Also, applicants must have started the CIMA program of studies prior to immigrating to Canada.  If the applicant completed part of a program through a third organization and received advanced standing with CIMA, CMA Ontario reserves the right to accept or reject the application at its discretion.

·         Have not previously attempted and failed a CMA Canada qualifying examination.

The MRA CIMA Application must be accompanied with a completed Practical Experience Reporting Form.  This application will allow the Society to ensure you have completed all the requirements of the Mutual Recognition Agreement.  MRA CIMA Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.

The second step in the process is the completion of the Certified Membership Application form.  This application form requires you to have an active, certified CMA Member act as your sponsor for the designation. You will also be required to pay the yearly Certified Membership fees of $799.05.  Applications must be approved by the Ontario Board of Governors which meets three times a year.

I would like to thank you for your interest in the CMA designation.

If you have any questions, please contact me at (416) 204-3102 or via email [email protected].

Sincerely,

Candidate Support

CMA Ontario
25 York Street
Suite 1100
Toronto, ON M5J 2V5

Tel: (416) 204-3102 | (866) 999-3102 | Fax: (416) 977-2128
Email: [email protected] | Website: www.cma-ontario.org

amitsangal
shivani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:13am
Hi Amit,

Thanks for the information.
Can you please guide if I do CIMA course form india certified by e Royal Charter, UK.   . what are the porspects of getting job in Canada, and after CIMA am I eligible to do further short term course in  to get certification in Canada  as it is required to work there.

Shivani.
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 4:24am
thankz guys...
keep up posting related to ACCOUNTING & ACCOUNTING JOBs
Tippu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 8:16am
Dear members

I am waiting for PPR i want your help. I done BCOM and MBA from pakistan and working as RM-0PERATIONS Mortgages in bank . Soon i will land in ca whats the best suitable eduction for me in ca to start my career. Please guide.

Tippu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic