Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some help and advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some help and advice please
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
Hello lovely people, 

Well i went to Canada during the xmas holidays and now applying for a Working Holiday Visa so i can go and spend 12 months of wonderful Canada! I loved everything over there, the people, the weather, the COUNTRY! sigh.... Cry I really do miss it. 

I been daunted with horrible reality of applying for visas since arriving back to the UK, of having the worst situation in my life. Almost 2 years ago my ex fiancee and I had a fight, because I decided to end the relationship, I just didnt love him as much as i thought i did and well it got physical from both of our sides. 

Despite of that, he called the police and i was taken in because he was the one that called the police, i had no intention to called the police because he hit me too, because all i wanted was to end it and end it on a good note. But sadly it did not happen.

I accepted a caution for battery, or assault by beating... I didn't want the hassle to go to court i didn't want to see him anymore, i was very hurt and mentally demoralised by everything. Now i understand and i accept that yes i did hit him, to take him off me 'HE DIDN'T PRESS CHARGES'. I never ever done anything before and i never ever done anything or ever will do anything after that incident that should have never happened.

Help calm some of the worry and the pain in my soul advice me, guide me and if similar stories are around, please shed a light in my situation. I've read so many things, nothing is ever conclusive, nothing is ever YES or NO is maybe.. and i don't like maybes. I accepted the fact that i have to well GAMBLE, at the end of the day all i can do is try and be honest.. Which i am regardless of any situation. I've read people with worse case scenarios and they now reside over there, permanently.

How likely am to be denied a visa due to the fact of this situation? 
What advice you guys can give me? 
What is the equivalent of UK cautions in Canada?

All the texting and wordings around politics and laws are so confusing to me, i can't understand any of it, is hard to find someone that can actually explain with clarity how things are taken into account. If you can please help me... 

Dream Canada <3 that is all i do... Dreams do come true. :) 

Thank you all

Luv luv 
Jessica

"I love you because no matter how hard life is for both of us, you are willing to fight for our love, forever and always"
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:43pm
Hi

Originally posted by JessicaBoo JessicaBoo wrote:

Hello lovely people, 
Well i went to Canada during the xmas holidays and now applying for a Working Holiday Visa so i can go and spend 12 months of wonderful Canada! I loved everything over there, the people, the weather, the COUNTRY! sigh.... Cry I really do miss it. 
I been daunted with horrible reality of applying for visas since arriving back to the UK, of having the worst situation in my life. Almost 2 years ago my ex fiancee and I had a fight, because I decided to end the relationship, I just didnt love him as much as i thought i did and well it got physical from both of our sides. 
Despite of that, he called the police and i was taken in because he was the one that called the police, i had no intention to called the police because he hit me too, because all i wanted was to end it and end it on a good note. But sadly it did not happen.
I accepted a caution for battery, or assault by beating... I didn't want the hassle to go to court i didn't want to see him anymore, i was very hurt and mentally demoralised by everything. Now i understand and i accept that yes i did hit him, to take him off me '<span ="Apple-style-span" style="text-decoration: underline;">HE DIDN'T PRESS CHARGES</span>'. I never ever done anything before and i never ever done anything or ever will do anything after that incident that should have never happened.
Help calm some of the worry and the pain in my soul advice me, guide me and if similar stories are around, please shed a light in my situation. I've read so many things, nothing is ever conclusive, nothing is ever YES or NO is maybe.. and i don't like maybes. I accepted the fact that i have to well GAMBLE, at the end of the day all i can do is try and be honest.. Which i am regardless of any situation. I've read people with worse case scenarios and they now reside over there, permanently.
How likely am to be denied a visa due to the fact of this situation? 
What advice you guys can give me? 
What is the equivalent of UK cautions in Canada?
All the texting and wordings around politics and laws are so confusing to me, i can't understand any of it, is hard to find someone that can actually explain with clarity how things are taken into account. If you can please help me... 
Dream Canada <3 that is all i do... Dreams do come true. :) 
Thank you all
Luv luv 
Jessica

1. The equivalent of a caution is an admission of the crime, same as a conviction.
2. The caution was for assault, which in Canada is a indictable offense, punishable up to 5 years (It is a dual offense both indictable and summary, but CIC/CHC treats it as indictable)
3. So you are inadmissible to Canada, and cannot apply for rehabilitation until 5 years have elapsed from the offense.
4. So you should get a copy of your ACPO certificate (you need it for Bunac) and if it shows "no live trace" or "live trace" you are "hooped"

PMM
JessicaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
Quote So you should get a copy of your ACPO certificate (you need it for Bunac) and if it shows "no live trace" or "live trace" you are "hooped" 

Please explain
"I love you because no matter how hard life is for both of us, you are willing to fight for our love, forever and always"
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:52am
Hi

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">
Quote So you should get a copy of your ACPO certificate (you need it for Bunac) and if it shows "no live trace" or "live trace" you are "hooped" 
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;"></span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">Please explain</span>

ACPO certificate is the UK criminal records check. If it shows either no live trace or live trace, it means that you have a criminal record caution in the system. If it states "no trace" means the caution wasn't registered.

PMM
JessicaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 1:01am
I know about that, but what does "hooped" means?!! 

How can they justify something that wasnt my fault, yes i was stupid to accept it... And sorry your very blunt it hurts.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:28pm
Hi

I know about that, but what does "hooped" means?!! 
How can they justify something that wasnt my fault, yes i was stupid to accept it... And sorry your very blunt it hurts.

What do you want platitudes, stating everything will be alright as some posters give? Or do you want the unvarnished truth? If your PCC shows no live trace or live trace, CIC/CHC will know you have a record. And as it as 5 years have not passed, you will not be eligible for rehabilitation. "hooped" means that you are between a rock and a hard place, and there is really no way around it.

PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic