Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants Cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 8:08am

thats really sad Immain....call them up!!

yah i am in canada on visitor status now... i am gonna call them and tell them and see if i can get an emergency visa

Zygurn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zygurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Sadofix Sadofix wrote:

Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

Not true, I obtained my first US tourist visa while I was a student in Mexico and I'm not a mexican citizen, however, if you're just visiting Canada, I don't think you'll obtain it.

Immiman,

What is economic class? I'm pretty sure FSW and QSW applications both must mark economic class. They must have not seen your CSQ though. It happened to me TWICE before I could get them to accept PR. If this was the case, write a cover letter explaining your application is for Quebec and let them see your CSQ (put it as the first document of everything). These people don't always bother to see what documents you sent even though they're paid for it.

Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ohcanada ohcanada wrote:

thats really sad Immain....call them up!!

yah i am in canada on visitor status now... i am gonna call them and tell them and see if i can get an emergency visa

They dont ever pick up... only way is via e-mail I checked the application processing tiem and it says 11 months of AD!!! No wonder these morons. I checked my application which says Economic class clearly!!!!

The letter says " I applied for FSW and asked me to apply via London embassy" . I have no clue who hired these morons I am driving up there for 3 hrs to get there. I am still in shock , still couldnt figure out how did they find out I applied for FSW

Edited by Immiman - 05 Jan 2010 at 11:29am
Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Zygurn Zygurn wrote:

Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

Not true, I obtained my first US tourist visa while I was a student in Mexico and I'm not a mexican citizen, however, if you're just visiting Canada, I don't think you'll obtain it.

Immiman,

What is economic class? I'm pretty sure FSW and QSW applications both must mark economic class. They must have not seen your CSQ though. It happened to me TWICE before I could get them to accept PR. If this was the case, write a cover letter explaining your application is for Quebec and let them see your CSQ (put it as the first document of everything). These people don't always bother to see what documents you sent even though they're paid for it.

Thanks Zy, Economic class is for provincial and there is SEPERATE box for FSW! It is is FIRST page and hell how in the world could they miss it is beyond my understanding! I am driving there and HOPEFULLY could meet up with them.

Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:33pm

[QUOTE=Sadofix]

-------
I know that. You can apply for a US visa as a student from another country because you are kind of a resident when you are a student. But you cant apply as a visitor. I think Ohcanada is a visitor in Canada, that's why I said he cant apply for a US visa from there.

Ohcanada, are you there as a visitor?
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:35pm
Sorry Ohcanada for saying "he", I just realized that you could be a "she"
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Immiman Immiman wrote:

Thanks Zy, Economic class is for provincial and there is SEPERATE box for FSW! It is is FIRST page and hell how in the world could they miss it is beyond my understanding! I am driving there and HOPEFULLY could meet up with them.

Good luck Im. I hope you can talk to then so that they can fix it. Let us know how it goes.
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:01pm
I was a worker but then it expired and i said to CIC that i am waiting for PR so instead of renewing work permit they made me a visitor i dont know why?
the letter i received from Buffalo says we are not responsible to get you US visa or insure your re-entry into Canada
the interview is in April 2010 and i have to tell them by next 2 weeks if i can make it or not
Zygurn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zygurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 5:02pm

[QUOTE=Sadofix]

-------
I know that. You can apply for a US visa as a student from another country because you are kind of a resident when you are a student. But you cant apply as a visitor. I think Ohcanada is a visitor in Canada, that's why I said he cant apply for a US visa from there.

Ohcanada, are you there as a visitor?

You mentioned Country of Citizenship, that is an entirely different status hence my clarification.

Ohcanada,
I agree with Sadofix, I don't think they will give you US visitor visa based on your current Canadian status, however, you can request you interview be done elsewhere if you explain in a cover letter the reasons as to why you're not able to assist to your interview in the US. This elsewhere could be in your country of citizenship or residence or where the nearest CIC to either is located. There have been cases where interviews have been rescheduled in another country, but do bear in consideration this may delay your procedures. I do wonder though why is your case being processed in Buffalo, what was your legal status in the US before? I understand you got your CSQ already and this interview is something done by the Federal part of the procedure, do you come from a country where French is an official language? This is the only case where I know you would be waived an interview for CSQ. Unfortunately, I don't have much much details about your case to provide you with more information.

Immiman,

It happened to me twice, I sent application and it was returned stating it should be sent to NS, Sydney even though via email they confirmed they had made a mistake both times, this wasted 6 months on my application of PR and made sure to let them know that at the time. The only thing you can do is resend your documents and make sure your CSQ is the first document they see, that's the only thing that matters cause if they don't bother to look it then expect it may be returned in a later date. Remember that your CSQ only has a year of validity after it was issued, so if it was like my case (half or more than half of CSQ validity lost due to administrative mistakes from their behalf), I suggest you emphasize this fact also.
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 6:21pm
lets see what happens guys - got an appointment with US Embassay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
  Share Topic