Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants Cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm
theres no interview date or time or where provided !! ( so where do i go ) it jsut says we weill tell u in a few weeks and thats the email me lawyer got . i got a totally different one saying we are doing background check so i wonder what the case is ?
Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:37am
I went to embassy in Abu Dhabi to apply and first time reached late 1105 when it stated at that time on their website that they are open till 11:30 a.m . Next day again went after 4 hr drive and this time they said they dont accept Cash in canadian dollars anymore! morons , their website clearly stated that. I ran to banks quickly to make bank draft but none of them made any! Finally reached an exchange center who told me their draft got rejected many times. In a hurry that moron made "the receiver general for canada" draft instead of "of" . I still went and applied and the lady at the counter hesitantly accepted stating "it would have been better if it would have been bank draft". then it was weird she returned my pr application form stating you dont need two copies, i told her this was application for pr as quebec immigrant . she then took it back. I dont know where does canadian embassy get these incompetent ppl.

it was hectic to apply
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 4:35pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline (I'm applying from the US):
CSQ applied: March 1, 2009
CSQ received: August 17, 2009
PR Application + medical + Police certificate sent: Oct 2, 2009
AOR received: Dec 9, 2009
Application Sent to Detroit: Dec 15, 2009
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 6:59am
happy new year prospective quebecers
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:30pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Smile
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:22pm
HI guys
so i have got a call for an interview after CSQ. I am in canada on visitor record...the interview in US is in Buffalo- I dont have a visa to the US...................WHAT SHOULD I DO O...? KINDA panicking all suggestions are welcome
thanks
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:07am
Ohcanada,
You need to contact them ASAP and tell them that you dont have a US visa. If you tell them soon enough, they might give you an interview in Canada.
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:10am
REALLY !! do you know if that Happens!! but can i get US visa in emergency or somehting for jsut 2 days?>
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:16am

I’m not 100% sure they can give you an interview in Canada (but you should ask them since you are there now). If not, I know they’ll give you an interview from your country (or the closest country to yours).

Application for a US takes a while (depending on where you are from).  Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

When is your interview and where are you from?
Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:07am
Man These ppl are sooooooooooooooooo God damn disorganized!!!!!!!!!

Can u beleive it? I got my PR application returned!!!!!!!
The letter says they dont accept application as federal skilled worker!!!!!!!! U dumbos I stated right in my application it is under economic class!!!!!!!!! Thes guys are so disorganized!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic