Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants Cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:10pm
you're welcome. How long is the master going to take you before graduating? is it an online degree you are pursuing and if yes did you mention it in your application?
My CSQ timeline

Mailed to Mtl: 01-22-10
Rec'd in MICC: 01-26-10 (2 bus. days via xpress post)
Fee charged: 02-08-10 (9 bus. days, +/- 2wks)
File# rec'd: 02-15-10
Interview waived
CSQ rec'd: 08-24-10
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:29pm
Yes it is online and my enrollment letter states that it is Distance Learning.  I graduate in August next year (its a 2yr part-time program).

I notice in your timeline that your AOR only took about 2 weeks to be delivered.  That's really fast! usually people say 2months.. Is it usual for this visa office?
Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 2:03pm
Did not hear from them again. Did my Medicals on April and they said something was wrong with my form, sent them and did not hear from them :(
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:28am
Good Morning all. Have a great day.
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:10pm
Hi everyone,

How things with everyone? 

Zzz you can indeed get points for Online degree and being studying right now is not a big deal, as long as you plan on finishing that before hand. The best way to go is always to apply within last semester or at the near end of your before last one so that by the time you are done with schooling they did not make final decision.
Yes,  I do believe my process to obtain Quebec AOR was fast but ddon't know what make them be so eager of work at the time.
My CSQ timeline

Interview waived
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:08pm
My sister applied also.

Edited by keptis - 08 Dec 2010 at 3:09pm
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:26pm
Thanks ae03yy

I have applied already so I hope the qualifications that I have already will form the basis for a positive decision. 

Best wishes to all
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 6:55pm
Hello Keptis,

Unfortunately saying when decisions are made would be presumptuous. I called the MICC and they are processing January 2010 for North America applications except Quebec province. So, stand still you are near the end of the tunnel.
My CSQ timeline

Interview waived
Onepath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:06pm
Sorry for double posting under the Quebec Application cases but I was looking from past posts and I am trying to understand the process. I sent in my Application in May and I had an interview and got my Quebec Selection Certificate and now I need to send my medical.

How long is the process from now because I thought after passing the interview means that I am set for the Visa to go. Do I have to send the entire forms again plus medical forms to the Federal Government in Canada and hope they accept it.  It seems it would have been better to just apply directly to Canada and wait for the 2 years. But I was told to try Quebec first.

And I had a job set in Montreal but they say as soon as I come I will be working in their new office in Calgary. Do I have to stay in Quebec or is there a certain amount of days I have to stay in Quebec till I move for my job?

Sorry for all the questions but it is getting stressing after I was told I will be in Calgary.

Thanks for any info that can help me understand all this.

ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm
Hello onepath,

About the process after getting CSQ , well you need to submit application to Federal Government and attach the copy of CSQ designed for them. To find out what forms you need to complete and special instructions from your location for Fed'l application please check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/apply-application.asp. After you apply, they'll send you a file no and you'll be able to use this AOR# to check your status online or to correspond with them. You should also get a Form to undergo the Medical Exam with local DMP. But after that last stage, if everything is in order they will ask you to submit your passport . When they get your passport, they will print a visa inside that you must use as a one time entry to Canada to become Permanent Resident.

Quuebec is considered as an easy access by many but you could have applied through Federal process and bare the timeline too. My idea is that every way leads to Rome and so you chose one way and now u shouldn't be feeling bad but rather continue. U are prette close to the end so don't get discourage now, it's just Medical + Police Check they need you to do really.

Hope it helps and good luck with everything

Edited by ae03yy - 29 Sep 2010 at 11:28pm
My CSQ timeline

Interview waived
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic