Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants Cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:47pm
Caribgrl, I am from Barbados.  I hope they don't ask for the language test.  I am quite confident I would pass but I do not want to incur the additional expense.. I don't think those tests are offered here.  I think I would have to travel to TnT to take it.
You say its all YOU can think about.. I am supposed to be working on an assignment and instead I am researching information from these forums!  I will get my application off by next week then we can keep each other company waiting.
caribgrl55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caribgrl55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 6:46am
Oh cool ZZZ we are right next door. I think your Alliance Fracais should have those French tests you know if you didn't want to travel. I just didn't want to do them because it would have held my application back while I refresh my French a bit. I put my French grade as upper beginner on the self assessment.

I had even tried putting no French knowledge and it still said I qualified, so I don't think knowing French is the be all end all if you are able to get enough points elsewhere. They probably want to see that you are willing to learn and are taking initiatives and being pro-active about it.

Have a great day!
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:47pm

Caribgrl: I am quite anxious about this application and I hope to get a speedy response.  I notice that a lot of people had very lengthy waiting periods.  Living in a francophone environment is the reason I chose Quebec as opposed to the UK (for which I am also qualified).  I love the language and I am excited for the opportunity to fully immerse myself in it. 

You have a great day too and keep me posted with your progress.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caribgrl55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:05pm
I hear you about the wait times. I was worried about it as well since we have to send the CSQ application to Mexico, then the Federal part to Trinidad. Both embassies say their processing times are from 6 months to 1 year, so that means this process can take from 1-2 years!!! And that's not taking into account if there are any problems to hold things back. That's why I kinda just want to forget about things and let it happen....
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 9:14pm
I saw a post from someone called Keptis, who I think is also Trini: applied October 2008 and got CSQ November 2009.  Apparently there were some problems with the application and it was delayed so hopefully this means that the first stage for us will be less than a year.  I intend to pass the time building my french skills.
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 12:22am

I GOT my  CSQ in March 2009 and applied to federal in May 2009 since then i have been waiting and waiting but i am under security and background check does anyone know who i can contact to find out what the problem is ? the website gives me the same response every time

ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 8:21am
Hi ohcanada, where did you apply to? and what local office has your file? plz tell mw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caribgrl55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:45am
Wow, that is a very long wait to not hear anything canada. I think if wait times are longer than what they say on the websites you can try contacting the embassy directly to see what they say. At least if they respond to you, you can make sure nothing is wrong. Can you tell us the following:

- What country are you from?
- When did you apply for CSQ?
- What embassy are you dealing with?
ohcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 5:57pm
I am from Pakistan
2) Got CSQ in March 2009
3) application is now in Buffalo
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:41pm
ohcanada,
 It's quite unfortunate what you're going through but Pakistani nationals are often going through in-depth background check. I know this for a fact because i worked with a US consulate call centre and Canada tends to follows the same process in regards to security.
However, if you  want to inquire to Buffalo directly:
Telephone/ Facsimile Numbers: Mission Tel.: (716) 858-9500
Immigration Tel.: (716) 858-9501
Mission Fax: (716) 852-4340
Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477
Case Specific Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=buffalo
General Enquiry: [email protected]

My best advice is to fax the Immigration Section (716) 852 2477 and include a fax number for reply or use Case Specific Enquiry link.

All the best and keep us posted!

Edited by ae03yy - 27 Aug 2010 at 6:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
  Share Topic