Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants Cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:10pm
Hi everyone,

How things with everyone? 

Zzz you can indeed get points for Online degree and being studying right now is not a big deal, as long as you plan on finishing that before hand. The best way to go is always to apply within last semester or at the near end of your before last one so that by the time you are done with schooling they did not make final decision.
Yes,  I do believe my process to obtain Quebec AOR was fast but ddon't know what make them be so eager of work at the time.
My CSQ timeline

Mailed to Mtl: 01-22-10
Rec'd in MICC: 01-26-10 (2 bus. days via xpress post)
Fee charged: 02-08-10 (9 bus. days, +/- 2wks)
File# rec'd: 02-15-10
Interview waived
CSQ rec'd: 08-24-10
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:28am
Good Morning all. Have a great day.
Immiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 2:03pm
Did not hear from them again. Did my Medicals on April and they said something was wrong with my form, sent them and did not hear from them :(
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:29pm
Yes it is online and my enrollment letter states that it is Distance Learning.  I graduate in August next year (its a 2yr part-time program).

I notice in your timeline that your AOR only took about 2 weeks to be delivered.  That's really fast! usually people say 2months.. Is it usual for this visa office?
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:10pm
you're welcome. How long is the master going to take you before graduating? is it an online degree you are pursuing and if yes did you mention it in your application?
My CSQ timeline

Interview waived
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
Thanks aeo3yy

I have applied already to BIQ Mexico.  I already have accounting qualifications and work experience but I am currently pursuing a Master's Degree to increase my knowledge in my work area.
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:37pm
Hi there,

Before answering your question zzz, can you plz provide the following info?
-Where do u intend to apply
-Are you getting your degree from Distance Institution or just taking course(s) via letter of permission (LOP) from such medium
-Did u apply already or planning to do so

Now please understand from the statement you quoted that the reason  why they won't consider an application unless you are at least doing your final year or at best have finished studying and already working is that the application you are submitting is for Skilled worker. This means that upon arrival to Quebec you will be able to use your skills as worker asap. So, in the advent that you are undergoing your last year  at postgrad level, they will wait for you to finish and then ask  for ur transcript / letter from school stating u are done with ur degree or diploma.
Hope it helps!

Edited by ae03yy - 07 Sep 2010 at 7:02pm
My CSQ timeline

Interview waived
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ae03yy ae03yy wrote:

They'll want you to finish your studies first before issuing CSQ.

Hi, does this also apply to distance learning? I work full time but I am pursuing further education via distance learning.

Edited by zzz - 07 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:24am
Dear canadalover,

A friend of mine applied last October and she was doing her last year of university. Although she was still student, she got her CSQ. In her case she was already in Quebec, but applied before PEQ came into existence... she applied and went through the same process you are going to do.
Also, my older sister while finishing her second BA got CSQ and is now Canadian. Her case was accepted a decade ago and under a different process but she got it because she was in her last semester if i recall correctly.

So, whether you say the truth or not you will need to provide evidence. The easier is to wait few weeks and then apply. Doing so, you will get points for doing your degree whenever it is complete. As i said whenever you receive your transcript and diploma send them to BIQ. The friend i just mentioned did not and simply waited for them to initiate the request, as a result she lost about 2 months and even had to go for an interview just because the agent needed to ensure she had done schooling.

To sum up, the more you wait the better it will be in your case. Back in the end of June, they were processing case from November 2009 in Damas just as in Montreal. So, in any circomstances the decision they'll take will be an overall decision and i'm not in your shoes to decide for you to send application now or later but i wish you good luck with that !
canadalover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadalover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by ae03yy ae03yy wrote:

I honestly dont know if hiding will or not create trouble. But do know your school has to provide latest transcript. my assumption is they will mention you are still enroll. For me, i will do what is right to God's eyes not mine. whenever we hide things, we are hiding the truth and this is regardless of how we define standing for the truth vs hiding it.

I dont mean to call u a lier, but is it really worth to hide the truth, hide who u are. this is for u to decide cz either ways your application is in suspense but only one way will provide you with true peace s

Hello... thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.
So.. what I got from you.. if I apply by november, and tell them that I am still student.. it won't be a problem?
Please note that I will graduate next June..

Thank you so much again for your great response...

Edited by canadalover - 07 Sep 2010 at 1:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic