Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

after appeal approved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassanswife68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: after appeal approved
    Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:31pm
I am beginning to get really confused now.When we had our appeal march 21 2011.It was approved.I was asked to send our decision letter to Rabat Morocco by fax the last week of May 2011.ok this is where i start to get really confused.The Canadian visa office in rabat Morocco sent my husband papers to redo his medical, police report,passport pics and copies of passport and national card.My husband had everything done and sent them  within 3 weeks of the 60 days visa office had given him. The Visa office received his papers June 15 2011 and then his medical from Paris July 18 2011.So I assumed visa office had my husbands file if they requested all of this within 60 days which they did.I thought couples who had been through the appeal process were suppose to be finished before first applicants that is what i was told at our appeal hearing.Since everything had been done I had assumed we would hear from the visa office for my husband to bring his passport that did not happen.The reason I thought this is my brother in law had his visa in two weeks after he had received the same letter.He had no appeal.I emailed the visa office in Rabat <Morocco and asked how long the proces was after appeal of course no answer just a link that toook me to a chart for Quebec.I am  in Ontario and we are in family class.Anyway the chart said 22 monhs from when process was started.Does this mean when we first sent our application to cic in mississauga,or from the interveiw that was denied or from the time when the appeal was allowed? And of course visa office will not explain.Although i did send a reply that i was not from Quebec but in Ontario within the family class .If somebody can explain this to me I would be eternally gratefulConfused TB
turquoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:07am
Hassanswife68: first, congratulations to your successful appeal. I understand your frustrations. My appeal was allowed on april & re-process back again to the visa office. Sent all the updated documents but until now it's still not done. Same as you, I emailed them but no response from their office. Honestly, I lost count on those charts. As long as I have some updatesfrom them that's all fine with me. Just last week, they ask for a new police clearance since the one submitted was not suficient as per their email though I send this in advance without them requesting, thought it will lessen the processing time. So, they are still working on my papers meaning at least it's moving. Just be patient, I know it's hard but hopefully your's will be soon...maybe around a month or two that just my guess.

Turquoise

Edited by turquoise - 13 Aug 2011 at 8:56pm
VO Processing:03/2010
Denied & Appeal filed:09/2010
Appeal Hearing:04/2011(Won)
VO Re-processing:05/2011
PPR:10/06/2011
Visa Issued:10/13/2011
Landed:10/14/2011
hassanswife68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassanswife68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:13pm
turquoise,
thanks for letting me know and hope your husband will be with you in a month or two as well.Smile
happeniss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happeniss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:40pm
hello turqoise how are u?
can u plz tell me about ur case and what happen to you 
iam moroccaon marriend canadian , interview diened and my wife appeal and had vedio conference and denied too , what no?
hello how are u eveybody
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:25pm
Embassies are supposed to give allowed appeals priority processing, but that was not what we experienced through Buffalo.  Not to freak you out but an allowed appeal still is no guarantee.  They cannot refuse again for the same reason, but they can refuse on new grounds if something else is discovered - so they do complete a new assessment.  It isn't just "submit a new medical and new clearances and we'll send your COPR".

In our case, it took just as long for the application to be reprocessed as it took to get a decision the first time around.

Edited by RobsLuv - 12 Aug 2011 at 8:26pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
turquoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 8:53pm
Happeniss: as per reading your previous post, you were denied on the initial application & upon appeal you were also denied. Were you denied on the ADR & they said you have to go to full hearing? Is this right? if my understanding is right, then you still have hope. my suggestion, just simply get to know your wife and vice versa as this is the reason why you weren't approve. better yet, hire a dependable & good lawyer to help you but still the outcome really depends on how you & your wife`s answer coincide. Minister`s counsel are there to fight to court that what the immigration`s decision is right, you & your wife`s responsibilities are to convince the panel(judge) that your marriage is genuine & not use solely for getting a PR. these people are trained to read minds by how you & your wife answers & body language. Your embassy is one of the notorious visa offices rejecting spousal due to marriage for convenience.
my husband was denied due to his inadmissibility issues. We were not approved at the ADR(mediation) & CBSA/IRB suggested to have a short full hearing. my appeal was allowed mainly for Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds...in short for the best interest of the child involved ( we have a 4 yo son together). My visa office agreed my marriage is genuine, as per our proofs submitted as my husband is the sole beneficiary to my RRSP & likewise me as his beneficiary & dependent on his benefits when we was working here in Canada Plus we have a son together, we share the same address & show lots of pictures & telephone bills.
If you are already denied at the full hearing, I apologize as I don`t know what will you do next. I haven`t encounter any person doing it yet. Good Luck.   

Edited by turquoise - 13 Aug 2011 at 8:59pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 11:18pm
Hi

Originally posted by turquoise turquoise wrote:

Happeniss: as per reading your previous post, you were denied on the initial application & upon appeal you were also denied. Were you denied on the ADR & they said you have to go to full hearing? Is this right? if my understanding is right, then you still have hope. my suggestion, just simply get to know your wife and vice versa as this is the reason why you weren't approve. better yet, hire a dependable & good lawyer to help you but still the outcome really depends on how you & your wife`s answer coincide. Minister`s counsel are there to fight to court that what the immigration`s decision is right, you & your wife`s responsibilities are to convince the panel(judge) that your marriage is genuine & not use solely for getting a PR. these people are trained to read minds by how you & your wife answers & body language. Your embassy is one of the notorious visa offices rejecting spousal due to marriage for convenience.
my husband was denied due to his inadmissibility issues. We were not approved at the ADR(mediation) & CBSA/IRB suggested to have a short full hearing. my appeal was allowed mainly for Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds...in short for the best interest of the child involved ( we have a 4 yo son together). My visa office agreed my marriage is genuine, as per our proofs submitted as my husband is the sole beneficiary to my RRSP & likewise me as his beneficiary & dependent on his benefits when we was working here in Canada Plus we have a son together, we share the same address & show lots of pictures & telephone bills.
If you are already denied at the full hearing, I apologize as I don`t know what will you do next. I haven`t encounter any person doing it yet. Good Luck.   

1. If you are denied at a full Appeal hearing, basically it is over. You can apply for leave to appeal to the Federal Court, but in spousal cases it is rarely granted.
2. You can re-apply, but would have to have proof to overcome the reason for the refusal. If the new evidence is not really convincing and new, then you can count on another refusal and then the doctrine of Res Judicata being invoked, which means "it has already been decided" and the appeal is dismissed.
PMM
happeniss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happeniss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 11:42am
thanks for answering me 
they told her that there will be a full hearing .her conference video hearing was on 7/2011 and was failed and they told her that there be a full hearing  , do you know how long it will take ? and do we need a good lawyer , we do know each other 6years ago , we spent 4 years online before we meet in real that was on 2009 ,the refusal reasons are marriage wasnt guineun and all i want is to come to canada and my marriage wedding wasnt good 
hello how are u eveybody
turquoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:08am

Every embassies are different, I am dealing with Vienna visa office. IAD decided that my case will not be under ADR on November 2010 & was scheduled for a short full hearing last April 2011. It really depends on your visa office & if IRB is scheduled tight this time. Some I know takes more than a year just to have the full hearing court date. gather lots of evidence. after 2009, did your wife visit you or vice versa? the video conference you are mentioning, was that an ADR?  

Edited by turquoise - 15 Aug 2011 at 9:11am
happeniss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happeniss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:53pm
yes that was ADF 
hello how are u eveybody
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic