Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship Question
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:39pm
Hi to everyone I have a question, In January 29 2010 I'm going to have a 1095 days of phisical presence in canada, I tryed the Residence Calculator and told me that I meet the basic residence,  but not the phisical presence until the date above, here I'm clear, what confuss me is, according to the information in January 29 2010, can I send my Application for citizenship? if so In January 30 2010 I'm leaving for a month outside Canada, so the million dollars question is: can I still apply for the citizenship even if I have to leave one day later?

Thank you for your help in advance, and people like you makes Canada a great country.

Irwin
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 7:10pm
Hello Makool,

You should apply when you have met the Physical presence as well.

It may tigger a RQ and give them a reason to delay your application.

Also I would advise you to apply when you have 1100 days so that you are giving 5 days extra just in to be on the safe side. Esp. if they account for your days absent differently.

Read the RQ discussion link you will gain alot of useful material as to why their processes have been delayed and also those that did not meet both criterias got an RQ.

Hope this helps you and Good Luck.
Sent March 18th 2009, Received on Ecas 18th August 2009, In process 20th Oct 2009, Transfered 16th December 2009, Test date 7th Jan 2010, Oath Date 2nd Feb 2010. Now a Canadian Citizen!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic