Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PR card renewal/passprt copies/exit/entry record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card renewal/passprt copies/exit/entry record

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogruni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 1:55pm
This processing speed is good, considering there was a weekend in between. It would just be nice, if they would use faster ways for the pickup notification. Ground mail just takes too long. They should use email or phone (why do they ask for this in the form, if they do not use it)

Currently most of the processing speed is lost during the ground mailing notification.

My biggest probelm, why I cannot go the "urgent processing" path is the fact, that my employer does not want to pay for the ticket until I have the PR card. If it still didn't arrive in time it would cost him 3-5 thousand $$$. But according to CIC call center they will only accept "urgent processing" with a proof of purchase.

So I am stuck and the best option left for me will be to travel from Seattle and return to Canada on land.

I still think the backlog problem (150+ days processing) has to be addressed. This processing time is unacceptable. Especially considering most of this time the envelope is only taking dust and was not even opened.

Like with a passport. 30 days normal processing and 3-5 days for urgent processing would be acceptable. This is not service oriented at all. And if the need more people and do not have the money, they should increase the fees. I would be willing to pay more for an urgent processing.
hfxresident View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hfxresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:53pm
"30 days normal processing and 3-5 days for urgent processing would be acceptable. This is not service oriented at all. And if the need more people and do not have the money, they should increase the fees. I would be willing to pay more for an urgent processing."

- Absolutely, Jorguni. Couldn't agree more. 

"This processing speed is good, considering there was a weekend in between. It would just be nice, if they would use faster ways for the pickup notification. Ground mail just takes too long. They should use email or phone (why do they ask for this in the form, if they do not use it)."

- I see where you are coming from. The application was approved two weeks back but no sign of the notification letter to pick up the PR card. Expecting to hear something by late next week, latest. Perhaps, it takes them two weeks or more to manufacture the card. In any case, I read in one of the forum where the notification letter never came and the person went to the local CIC office anyways, with the e-CAS notification printed and his card was there waiting. I shall do that, if I do not hear anything from them within the next week and a half. 

HFX: Sent Apr2010 | Letter Oct2010 | Process Feb2011 | Transfer Mar2011 | Test Sep2011 | Oath Dec2011

Comments are for discussion purposes only. Not intended to be relied upon.
kfq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 12:26am
Hi all,

received FOSS notes. total 68 pages starting right from my immigration process,notes concerning this thread are as follows
24jun11  NO PRC-CSQ CHECK DONE-EXCHANGE REQ,D URGENT TRAVEL
29jun11   ****PPT   ABSENCE 1043 DATE
29jul11    REFERRED TO QRC TO MERGE ID******** AND ID*******
               REQUESTING PPT PGS-FILE BF'D
18jul11    REC'D PPT PGS-CLIENT OBTAINING ****ENTRY/EXIT -BF'D FILE AWAITING RECEIPT
06oct11   REFERRED TO  TL
07oct11   REFERRED TO CSU
17oct11   REFFERAL CRU URGENT PRC REQUEST/SENT TO CSU SYDNEY
18OCT11  FILE REFERRED TO LOCAL CIC FOR REVIEW,RESIDENCY QUESTION,DELAY LETTER SENT 

Dpenabill ,
any comments or advice, i have received nothing so far from CIC. Which are the most importatnt documents to show my presence here.
Thanks
kfq
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:04am
I am not that familiar with acronyms, abbreviations, or codes used in the FOSS system, so I have no idea what most of this means.

The 18 October 2011 entry, though, looks straight forward enough: your file has been referred to the local office for review and RQ. This is in line with what we discussed in the third week of October or so, when eCas showed that your application was transferred to the local CIC office (page 7 of this thread).

The good news is that by now you should be accruing additional days toward the RO (into November, as I recall, you were still losing, as they became more than five years previous, some of the days you were counting from 2006), and at this stage you are accruing recent days (which I think weigh more in terms of H&C factors than days four plus years ago), and as I recall, while you cut it very close, by now you should be on the positive side of the cutoff.

In terms of what evidence you may want to gather and maintain: anything that shows either your residence here (passive evidence does not directly show presence but it lays a foundation for inferences about being here unless there is evidence indicating you were not) or your activities here . . . and of course, the more objective that evidence the better. Evidence of travel within Canada may help. Any evidence that tends to show that you, you personally were doing something in Canada on such and such a date can help to build the outline, the sketch, that supports inferences that you were in Canada between those dates. Employment records are, of course, excellent. Doctor or dentist visits, good stuff. Affidavits from people who know you and who can attest to your presence in Canada should help.

They are taking their time getting around to fully processing this.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
kfq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:41am
yep my residency days were 759 , I have calculated till jan 5 2012 how many days I have lost and how many gained.So going back 5 yrs from january 5 2012

Res days=759
gained +=195
total       =954
lost      - =  75
total       = 879

But the question is will these no. of days matter as the application was filed on 24th june 2011. Will they not calculate till 24th june ???
Is there any possibility that I can with draw my application now and resend again a little later or it is better to wait
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:22pm
Hi

Originally posted by kfq kfq wrote:

yep my residency days were 759 , I have calculated till jan 5 2012 how many days I have lost and how many gained.So going back 5 yrs from january 5 2012

Res days=759
gained +=195
total       =954
lost      - =  75
total       = 879

But the question is will these no. of days matter as the application was filed on 24th june 2011. Will they not calculate till 24th june ???
Is there any possibility that I can with draw my application now and resend again a little later or it is better to wait

CIC will go back 5 years from the 24/June/11 as that is the date you applied.
PMM
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 4:53am
For purposes of the PR card application, the date that the calculation is made from is, as PMM says, the date you applied.

The threshold is 730 days, so 759 should suffice. If they are persuaded that is an accurate accounting.

The reason the more recent days now are important, though, is if they were not convinced you were in Canada all those days, not only would a rejection of the PR card application result but it could result in a residency examination with the prospect of a removal order, for being in breach of the RO, looming over the process. For that calculation, the days that will count would be all the days right up to when that calculation is taking place.

Just be aware (probably referred to this previously), whether or not they issue a PR card on this application (if your accounting puts you at more than 730 days, I can see no reason to withdraw that application), or they refuse and you re-apply and are given a new card following the second application, you will most likely have some kind of flag in your FOSS that might invoke questions about meeting the residency obligation every time you return to Canada in the near future. So you will need to watch that and be aware that you could be subjected to questions about meeting the RO at almost anytime.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

aeem23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeem23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 7:37pm
Hi, I just want to update my brother PR and TD status. As you maybe remember, my brother is working for a fishing company on the Pacific Ocean and his PR Card is expired. He has been in Canada for almost 700 days and he was required for an interview. Unfortunately, He  was in the middle od his shift (2-3 months) and it was suspended. My brother returned to our country and He asked for a TD on the Canadian Consulate and with the form filled he attached all kind of documents to confirm, he and his family are living here (bank accounts, rental contract, bills, etc.). After wait 10 days he received a letter informing him was denied for a TD and no Humand and Compasionate grounds would be applied in his case. He never was asked for an interview to try to convince the officer why he is not accomplish with the 730 days rule. 

After that letter, we decided try to come to Canada trough the US border as he has an American Visa and he still has the option to appeal that decision. He flought to US and he showed up to a Border Officer. He was permited to come to Canada and he was not asked anything about his case.

I suppoused however, the officer write my brother's status in FOSS as the documents says and at least my brother spent this Christmas with his family before make a decision about his case. He is looking for legal advice and with that information he and his family will decide if he introduce and appeal or decide let the letter be a final decision and star over a new sponsorship process from his wife (canadian citizen).

I just want to thanks for all your previous comments really it helped  me  to  expain him what are his options. I'll let you know what decision he is goig to take.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:52am
If the application for a TD was denied he needs to do an appeal in order to preserve PR status even if he has managed to return to Canada and is in Canada.

jogruni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogruni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 2:30am
I do not think that the denial of a TD has the same consequence as a removal order. As aeem23's brother entered Canada, I think there is no reason to appeal the refusal of a TD. What for? What could be achieved? The TD would only allow for a single return. I do not see any benefit, except it would point CIC to the situation not being in compliance and might provoke RQ or removal order.
I edited my post, as it appears now that the denial of a TD most likely implies the loss of PR status, so I now regard it necessary to appeal this decision!!!

If I was in this situation, I would stay in Canada until I am again in clearly compliance with RO (730+ days presence) and then (add a month or so) apply for a PR card renewal. Nevertheless I would prepare for receiving RQ.

The bigger other problem is what aeem23's brother intends to do in the future. As soon as he leaves again for the overseas job he will be most likely again NOT in compliance with RO. This is the bigger problem. If he cannot maintain 730+ days in previous 5 years, he will constantly in danger to be denied travel back to Canada. No matter if he will be accepted even on H&C grounds for a new PR card, this only solves the current problem, but if he leaves soon again, he will get exactly the same problems trying to return.

A H&C based renewed PR card will not help him, when he leaves soon and is soon again below the threshold. It is intended for people that want to remain in Canada and from that on stay in compliance with RO.

But remember that even a 5 year valid PR card does not allow to leave for the next 3 years. On every single future day you have to meet the criteria of 730 days of physical presence within the 5 years before that particular day.

Edited by jogruni - 29 Dec 2011 at 4:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic