Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does Citizenship Photo No Longer Need to be Signed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does Citizenship Photo No Longer Need to be Signed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momo2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Citizenship Photo No Longer Need to be Signed
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 6:44pm
Hi,

I am about to submit my citizenship application and have a question about the photos. The old photo specification I saw specifically show that applicant needs to sign in the signiture strip at the bottom. However, the current one posted on CIC website no longer shows that, and it no longer states that the photos should be signed. It only says applicants should print their names on the back of the photo.

I've read from other forum that the rule has changed recently and now the photos should not be signed any more. Did any one submit your application recently in 2011 and could you let me know if you sign your photos?

Thank you
Clayton View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:21pm
I would like to know this, urgently need help.  Could any one help?
XPEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XPEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:25pm
I think the safest way, especially if you are in a rush, is to call CIC and ask.
chemgal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:33pm
I called the CIC call centre with the same question a month ago. According to the changes, the pictures do not need to be signed and just require the persons name to be printed on the back (like the instructions in the photo specification sheet)
p3000g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3000g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:58am
Spoke with CIC agent regarding this since the same is the case with my wife.. I prepared her application in March (when signature was required ) but mailed it in July (when the new rule for photos came into effect).. CIC agent said that , yes, Citizenship photos are no longer required to be signed at the bottom .. But if anyone signs them at the bottom and sends the application, they won't reject it .. Meaning, the old method is still valid, but may not remain so for long

Hope this helps
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:41pm
I spoke to a CIC agent at the end of August and I received the same answer as p3000g. I even asked him whether it will cause any delay in our application and his answer was "No".
This might change in the future, so it is always better to call them.
Robstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 1:50pm
Do Not sign the photos and please lets read the instructions in the application package. This saves you a heck of waiting time.
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 2:44pm
I really hope you are not right Robstone! :(
We went to a professional photo store where they were specialized in Citizenship/Passport photos and they made us sign the photos right there. We should have read the description carefully before we went there. Unfortunately we cannot change it now. So we are hoping for the best! 
Robstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 3:20pm
Edmonton2011,
Trust me, they will probably not reject them, however, most photo studios don't know more than you and me know. You and I applied at the same time close in dates and I can tell you that I NEVER signed the back because the instructions did not indicate "sign".

Don't panic, I have heard many that signed their photos and nothing ever happened, all went well.

Remember my friend that once you send in that application, you've no control of what happens but just to wait. Imigration is already having a tough time keeping up with their own changes. Remember these guys don't make a lot of money ($38000) to start....you know what I mean? You will be fine.
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 4:35pm
Robstone, there could be other reasons why we have not received the acknowledgement letter yet. My husband traveled a lot due to work and he only has a few extra days. Maybe they want to make sure that we listed all the dates correctly. It is hard to tell at this point. We'll wait a couple of more weeks then we will call them to make sure our application did not get lost somewhere in their office or was not returned.

Do you know anyone on this forum who has signed the photos since April of this year? It would be helpful for me to follow their timeline (which I know does not mean a lot, since every case is different, but still .... )

Edited by edmonton2011 - 07 Oct 2011 at 4:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic