Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARC---compelling reasons 2 return

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:33pm
From your mouth to God's ears. I already paid for everything. I have heard that not paying could delay the visa stamp. So I did it from the getgo. :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:53pm
hey launched...do you communicate with the embassy often...like inquiring about something..or have you been sitting quiet waiting for their requests? did you guys hire someone to help you with the whole application? does your hubby have a common name? did he ever serve in military service there?
Jojo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off

question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

We received your application to sponsor  on January 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011.

they asked for the RPRF fee in May and i payed that and haven't heard anything since 
 i sent n my medical and police report @ the beginning of application can anyone tell me what is the next step and if i can go back b4  October
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by Jojo12 Jojo12 wrote:

<div ="msg">
   i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years
applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they
gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am
American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

We received your application to sponsor  on January 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011. they asked for the RPRF fee in May and i payed that and haven't heard anything since   i
sent n my medical and police report @ the beginning of application can
anyone tell me what is the next step and if i can go back b4  October

No, you don't require an ARC.
PMM
Jojo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 7:41pm
i think i need to speak with my lawyer bcaz they are making me do the authorization application to send in with my sponsorship and that 400 can be saved
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 2:41am
hey...if it was a normal removal you don't need the ARC...but yours you said was a conditional one,,,i am not sure but from what you are saying it seems you had a 1 year ban/exclusion...12 months has to pass before you are able to enter again,,,i have heard of stories when ppl wanted to enter before their time passed they were asked to apply for the ARC...maybe that's why they are asking you for ARC???if you wait the 12 months time you wont need it...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 1:48pm
Hi

Originally posted by Rocco Rocco wrote:

hey...if it was a normal removal you don't need the ARC...but yours you said was a conditional one,,,i am not sure but from what you are saying it seems you had a 1 year ban/exclusion...12 months has to pass before you are able to enter again,,,i have heard of stories when ppl wanted to enter before their time passed they were asked to apply for the ARC...maybe that's why they are asking you for ARC???if you wait the 12 months time you wont need it...

1. OP claimed refugee status was refused. He was issued a conditional departure order, which turns into a deportation order if he didn't leave within the 30 days after the decision.
2. The OP claims he left within the 30 days. The only reason I can see that he would require an ARC is if he didn't report to CBSA at the Port of Entry when he left. If he didn't report and have his departure confirmed, then it turned into a deportation order and he would require an ARC.
PMM
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Jojo12

i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years 
applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they 
gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am 
American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

PMM...i don't know...if it was a normal removal why did they drive to buffalo to drop him off? if they drove with him i am assuming his departure was confirmed...( i am not sure about that cuz my husband left from the airport, he had to enter this room and there they gave him his certificate of departure)...and what does the going back b4 the 12 months mean? is there a difference between a conditional removal or a regular removal? 

Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:56am
Hello everyone I have an updated as you all know the immigration office called me on august 5 to ask me if my husband can leave by the 10th I said no because it was to much of a rush, so they said thats fine he needs to redo his medicals we will prepare them and send them in this months correspondence and it will be leaving our office august 19 am like ok fine and we called the embassy here on monday afternoon the packaged arrived but nothung under my husbands name I was soo upset and still am as well as  my husband why did they lie at least they could have called or emailed me to see what was going on but I emailed them on monday and until today no answer I really hope they can reply soon cuz am going crazy here,so ya that my story with immigration now waiting again :(
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
ProudOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 12:58pm

Refugee Claim = Departure Order (Voluntary Departure and Confirmation received)

If the CBSA drove you to the border then it was most likely a Deportation Order and therefore requires ARC & Repayment of removal costs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic