Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARC---compelling reasons 2 return

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:26pm
Alex121: From what I know if Visa office asked for ARC fee that means you are okay? I had a friend her husbnd got deported, was a failed refugee claimant but didn't leave the country, was caught, had to pay for the plane ticket & bail bond $5,000.00. His ARC was approved & was already working in the company I'm in. 

My husband also needs an ARC. I already appealed our case on the intial PR application because of his inadmissiblity issues. Now, ARC is what I'm worried about since this is a separate application and my husband was a failed refugee claimant, had deportation order, filed PRRA & my hubby paid the plane ticket. I don't want another appeal, it's horrible & costly. Count me in this forum & hopefully we will get the PR soon!   
VO Processing:03/2010
Denied & Appeal filed:09/2010
Appeal Hearing:04/2011(Won)
VO Re-processing:05/2011
PPR:10/06/2011
Visa Issued:10/13/2011
Landed:10/14/2011
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:40pm
They ask for arc whether its denied or approved thats the thing so right now even though they asked for it its not 100% my husband applied for refugee and got denied and filed prra and he got denied and was asked to leave in 30 days never did and he met me a yr or so later and we started our relationship 2006 and we have a baby as well we wanted to apply but it was soo hard financially so we were trying to save $$$ and then in november 2010 we were ready so he went an gave himself in and left and I left with him as well november 2010 and now we are waiting, they asked for all the documents so I dont know what else they can ask for as well my hubbys medicals are going to expire august 10 and I dont know if there gonna ask for them again or what am soo confused and lost I just want this to be over and I feel your pain in the process of appealing I hope you do get it this time and everyone here going through this ARC process :) ps I know alot of ppl that have gone through arc process and have gotten approved havent heard any negatives yet with the ppl I know hopefully the good vibe will come to us and soon :) keep us updated :)
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:40pm
turqoise: i am so sorry you have to go through the same ordeal for the 2nd time...Which embassy are you going through? and have they asked you to pay the ARC fee or not yet? to be honest with you i am very confused with the whole ARC process...i was reading your story on another thread here and it said ur hubbie was involved in something that has happened over 10 years ago that's why he was refused the 1st time...like i said i am confused about the ARC so i don't know anything for sure but i will state my opinions...as for the the ARC i know that deportation is a BAN from Canada....so without the ARC hubbie will be inadmissible...concerning his first inadmissibility..ur appeal was won and the Judge overruled that...so the only factor you're worried about is the ARC now...in the ARC application they ask you whether you have committed any criminal offences in any countries...the answer to that question will look bad on your hubbie....but now you have mentioned his Canadian RCMP is clean... what about the one for his country?...i think the ARC is about the circumstances leading to his removal/exclusion from Canada and the compelling reasons to return...which he does have because he has you his wife...your marriage is genuine and you both have a kid together so that's a compelling reason 2 grant the ARC...as for the ancient thing that has happened 10 years ago i will not lie it does look bad on him...but you won the appeal and the Judge overruled his inadmissibility  so to me that's a positive sign...now as far as the ARC...i have heard stories of people who's hubbies had criminal records in Canada and received their ARC's but its because they received pardons...but then i have a friend who had problems with US immigration as well as was involved in some fraud in Canada...well the ppl she was working with were involved in fraud and since she was there doing whatever they were doing she was involved as well....was never convicted but the whole thing did show up on her background check and it did create problems and longer processing times but at the end she was granted the ARC...i don't know how exactly does the whole thing work...some embassies have interviews for the ARC's where as others just ask hey pay the $400.00 fee and wait...to be honest with you i am freaking out as well cuz my hubbie had a warrant...was caught... held and released on a $5000.000 bond... applied for his PRRA which obviously was negative and then the removal process began... we applied for the PRRA cuz i needed to save some money for 2 plane tickets,,,, i had to pay our consultant for releasing him and pay for our PR application...adding all those things together it did cost us a lot...now i am worried that he will be denied his ARC.... well its a possibility cuz he did have a warrant and was held...so he did not comply with Canadian immigration laws and that is bad... looks bad on him...we haven't been asked to pay the ARC fee yet.... the embassy returned all our pics... letters...wedding cards... receipts for stuff we bought back home and here...they asked for his RCMP we didn't send that in with our application cuz we were told if they embassy wants they will conduct their own RCMP checks... but they did ask us for RCMP and local police checks for Peru the country he's in...so we took care of that and at the same time i asked the lady at the embassy if i can pay his ARC she told me no wait till we advise you to do so...i told her i  heard that in MEXICO it takes a year to process the ARC she laughed and told me no it won't take a year...we process them fast but you have to wait till we ask you for the payment..so i'm guessing!!! they are in the middle of doing his security check and once that goes through they will ask for the ARC fee....i am worried he will get denied the ARC because he had a warrant.... but honestly no one really knows... all embassies have different rules... different time frames and procedures.... SHOULD THEY NOT ALL BE THE SAME??? i don't know but i guess not...i am just confused as you are..so until we get what we are waiting for have a glass of wine or 2 and relax and wait...no one can predict the outcome and worrying yourself about it crazy won't help...so many diff stories with so many diff outcomes... it cannot be predicted...think positive and positive will happen that is my motto...and even if I get denied... i will fight till my last breath 2 have what i deserve 2 have with me back home...and so will you =)... so lets hope for the best and just wait and see what happens...maybe we are worried for nothing....maybe all will go smooth..no one knows...Good luck 2 all of us...never give up no matter how hard you fall... you brush yourself off and try again and again... do not give up...=) soon our time will come....=)
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 2:06pm
ok I have good news the vo from guatemala called me and asked if my hubby can leave before august 10 to canada because his medicals will expire I said no because its too little time and as well we have a 3 yrd old child and dont want to rush things so the lady I will  be sending your husbands passport back with forms so he can do his medicals once this is done hes needs to send passport with the recepit showing he did his medicals and then once we recieve this we will issue the visa :) am so happy I thought this would be longer and thank god we are near the end dont give up rocco and turquiose soon your time will come :D
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 3:30pm
OH MY Goshhhh!!! that is such GREAT news...start packing ladyyy! CONGRATULATIONS =) 
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm

THANK YOU but I still need to go get the meds done plus send them the recepit and passport back so maybe al be leaving costa rica by the end of september :)

turquoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:35am

Rocco: Thanks a lot!  there are lots of compelling reasons for my husband to come to Canada but in the end it really depends of the immigration officer who will review his file. When he applied for PRRA in Canada, they turned all the positive points into negative even in the reason letter they put that me & my son can live in Hungary & if we don’t want, then there is still a way of communicating like skype & long distance, even his in demand job, they still find excuses to not grant him a visa.  

I really don’t know now based from my past experiences, I cannot really say any positive until my husband will land Canada. Last May 18, they already started to process. June 2011 they respond back to me that they were still doing background verification. I asked CSIS & CSIS respond early July 2011 that they were done & result was sent to Vienna Visa office. A week after that, I saw in my e-cas they already accepted the 2nd medical re-do.

Last week, they emailed & request for an original police clearance because the one submitted in not suficient ( as per their email). When my appeal was allowed last April 2011 We already sent all updated documents, medical redo, police clearance, imm0008, sched 1, new photos. I thought they won’t asked for the police clearance since it was already submitted & the time when they received it, it was still valid. we thought sending the forms in advance than waiting for them to request would be better to lessen processing time & also heard from other visa office that sometimes they ask for a document one at a time.

anyhow, we just decided to send another one. My husband submitted the new Police clearance last week. Up until now, we are again back in waiting game until any news coming from Vienna. The good thing at least it’s moving.  

I don’t also know if my friend’s hubby had a warrant but he was held. I think as long as your police clearance are clear & they believe marriage is genuine then you can get it. I mean probably visa offices know about those refugee claimants history. They come here in Canada to have a better life. My hubby doesn’t qualify for those points system.

Did you apply for a police clearance in Canada with fingerprint when you initially submit the spousal application because if it won’t show there then your husband is cleared. Only CBSA has records of his warrant. As long as he is not charged.

Alex121: Congratulatons Alex! you're almost at the end of the tunnel.

VO Processing:03/2010
Denied & Appeal filed:09/2010
Appeal Hearing:04/2011(Won)
VO Re-processing:05/2011
PPR:10/06/2011
Visa Issued:10/13/2011
Landed:10/14/2011
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 1:53pm
thanks turquoise and dont worry u will be there soon :) good luck to u to and rocco :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:23pm
turquoise: we did not apply for the RCMP police clearance in Canada...we were told by our representative that if the embassy wants to they will do their own check...they started processing his file August 6, 2010... i haven't heard anything from them until march this year...they returned our pictures, receipts,,,letters and other proofs we have submitted...they asked for his local police checks from Peru ( there was 3 we had 2 do)...and also gave us directions how to obtain the Canadian RCMP check *finger prints*...and told me it could take between 4-6 months to arrive...so when we got everything they asked for i went into the embassy to leave the stuff there... the Canadian RCMP check i was told that RCMP will send it back to the embassy...so in May i went in to check whether they have received the Canadian police clearances they told me no they haven't arrived yet...i asked if i can make the ARC payment and was told no you have to wait till we ask for it but told me to pay the Right of residency fee...so i got my sister back home to pay it for us and send us the receipts...took another month for the fee to show up in their system that it has been paid and received...now our medicals expired in July but i will not be going back to ask anything because when i asked about the ARC i was told NO wait till we ask you 2...so we will just wait
As for your PRRA and the positive points turned into negative that is normal...cuz if they did not do that then they would have reasons to give him his PRRA which NEVER EVER happens...you have the same chance of winning the lottery as getting a positive PRRA...what scares me is that you have been told that you and your son can live in Hungary and if you don't want there is Skype and long distance...honestly if they think its so easy why don't they take their families there and live and see how they will like it...AND AS FAR AS THE LONG DISTANCE AND SKYPE WELL why don't they try and see how that will feel...your child has a human right to have a father present in his or her life...he is Canadian born therefor has the RIGHT to live in Canada...has a right to get the best education and healthcare, it's a privilege he was BORN with!!! so how can any member of our government tell you to move there...it's nice to know that Canada is throwing away their own Citizens telling them so easily to go live somewhere else... IT IS NOT EASY...IT IMPACTS YOU PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY...what did you say to them when you were told to take your son and live in Hungary?
You can't tell immigration you want your hubbie to come to Canada and have a better life... you can NEVER use these words in that way...i was told it looks bad...cuz then you are saying to them / giving them idea that he wants a better life and is trying to enter...sometimes you have to be careful what you say and how you say it...sometimes the right words can make all the difference...and sometimes you are being honest and saying something from your heart but in their eyes it looks or sounds bad..they could be sincere and innocent words but all it takes is just one word for the officer to start thinking or suspecting something...
My hubbies warrant was executed i think that's how they call it...once they catch you or better you turn yourself in the warrant is no longer in effect...its good that things are moving for you they are asking for police checks which means stuff is moving...soon they will ask your for the ARC... but hey at your appeal no one ever mentioned anything about his ARC???
Another things if they ask you for your ARC letter make sure you guys write the letter as best as you can cuz that will be your last chance/ opportunity.... we haven't been asked for ours yet but we are starting to write in point forms what he is going to say when they do ask for the ARC...if you have time start doing it now cuz you don't wanna do it last minute in a rush...because truly in my heart i believe whatever you write in that letter will have an impact on their decision... 2 some point but whatever you write will count and go into the process of decision making =) meh we have 50-50 chance and if we fail...we'll appeal,  what other options will we have? but till then concentrate on whats important, which at this point i think is his ARC letter...
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:31pm
hey with me my husband had a wide warrant, I believe this is what its called and he gave himself in because he almost got caught, as for the rcmp with fingerprints we did them in canada before we gave himself in I dont know if its a must or they randomly ask for it later but my rep said go and do it so that saved us alot of time :) as for the arc letter u need to make sure its good and that it will convince the person who is behind that paper, as for the arc my rep said that whenever they ask for it they will and to never ask them if u can pay for it before, good luck with your process turquoise :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic