Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARC---compelling reasons 2 return

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 8:55pm
Hey Alex...how long was the letter stating the reasons why he should be allowed back??? was it a few paragraphs or a few pages??? did he write it an english or spanish? and yes about the re-do of medicals i heard the same thing... the results come in quick 3-4 weeks...i heard that to so that is good news =) and don't stress...if they didn't think your marriage marriage was genuine you would have your appointment for the interview scheduled and you haven't so that is a very positive sign and as for the ARC if he has been of good conduct...no shady history he will get it... think positive its just a process u guys are going through and it will pass...my friend from Brazil she had a bit of a shady past and she got her ARC soo i am sure you guys are fine =)...after 6 months since my friends application started to be processed they send her a notice for her interview...i'm 95% sure you won't have interview to determine whether you guys are a real deal or not...and as for the ARC interview i am not sure how that really works... just some stuff i was reading, not sure whether its true or not...i don't really know how they base their decisions on the ARC...i know that the senior officer ( the one who's in charge of all the officers makes the final decision...the first officer makes a recommendation...then they pass the application to the senior officer i don't remember how they call this officer but its like the boss, then they look at the file, call CBSA for another recommendation and then they decide...now do they have to follow certain guidelines or do they just base their opinion on however they feel like that day??? THAT I DO NOT KNOW...and if i remember correctly you are in Costa Rica now so enjoy, when its time his stuff will come through...sooner or later so enjoy the nice weather... the food... the  beach and your family being together because that's what i'm doing...never thought i would say this but i do miss the snow =) 
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:15pm
Well first of all I didnt know you can write pages until I found this forum and another one, put he did write a page typed in spanish, I dont know if my lawyer translated it or not? but he did write it in spanish and I typed because he cant lol and in the letter he did write all his reasons for returning to canada and that he has 2 loved ones in canada and he needs to be with them and that I wont to go back to school and that I need his support,everything that we plan for future, as well that he loves canada because he considers canada his home now,all those things and  the good thing is that my hubby doesnt have a bad record here in costa rica and the time he was in canada the only crime he committed has staying illegal with me and our son, he couldnt leave us 2 alone plus I was saving money to come to costa rica the 3 of us and pay all the immigration fees and it is hard, so thats why we took some time, but each day I think we are getting closer to the day :D I have been in costa rica already 8 months and as well I never thought I say I miss the snow, lol I miss canada its my first time leaving the country so imagine how I feel here the good thing is that I do speak spanish, and am use to the spanish culture because of my parents :) but ya the sitution here is not soo good so I cant really be enjoying the beach which sucks because here the job employment is not as great as in canada plus I cant work here and what ever job my hubby has we have to live with and its not enough to be spending it on fun :( which I dislike but on a positive note am happy because the most important thing is that we are together as a family =) I have no idea about how they make decisions I heard one or read dont remember that 2 officers do the applications and that one officer is in charge of making the final decision based on what the other officer recomends, or based on the notes or how whatever they do  but dont know if this is true as well I dont know if first they approve the permenant residency part and then the arc so the decision based on permanent resident affects the arc or the opposite way around, or is I get approved permenant residency but arc no, really I am lost dont know how these things work :(
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:41am
lol i am lost 2...i think first they approve the PR and then ARC...if your PR has been approved then i think that will have a positive outlook on your ARC as long as he hasn't been in any trouble...but then i saw in another thread somewhere that they were denied the PR... appealed,,,appeal was allowed.... send the files back to the embassy and were denied again the ARC so yes i am lost as well...my lawyer tells me don't believe everything you read and don't freak out because every case is different...i miss Canada 2...when we go back i will appreciate it more...i won't complain about little things no more....economically its hard here as well, what my hubbie makes in one month i could easily make working in timmies or mcdonalds back home...( no joke)...but then the living expenses are much cheaper here then back home...so even though i miss my family and friends and the job i had and the lifestyle we had i am enjoying this lifestyle here as well...nothing is ever complete...it's hard being in this situation but we are healthy and happy and together and making it all work out somehow and that's all that matters for now...don't worry about something that has not arrived yet..for all you know you are worrying for nothing...that's what i'm trying to do...
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:38am
ya I know I dont believe everthing I read but it is hard to avoid these comments, and ya I dont know how the arc works either maybe every vo has its different procedures and of course when I go back home I am gonna appreciate everything I have because since I had never left canada I didnt know but being here has taught me to be more humble and appreciate what I have in canada, and ya I so get what you mean by the financial situation, am going through that right now myself but the worse is right now that my hubby has no work because we live in farm land soo it is hard to find a job and the city is like 45 min away so imagine and with a child , I feel like the situation is getting harder each time that why I hope we here something soon as well I dont know in mexico but here in costa rica the prices are about the same or more then canada but with wages that you cant do anything besides buy food ur bills and thats it your monthly income is gone, In canada at least I can go eat at mcdonalds here I cant, :( but o well hopefully we will get through this situation asap and approved all the way :)
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:50pm
haha that's kinda funny... i haven't had McDonald's or Burger King in about a year...its way 2 expensive and the sandwiches are so tiny... the drinks and fries so tiny its just not worth buying it...LOL like for a price of one combo you can buy a full chicken instead hahha...and when you buy the chicken the head is still attached... first time i saw it i yelled...i feel the same way you feel but its not as bad..i think there are ppl in worse situations out there living and surviving so i'm still going on..better living like this then being apart...
P.S ---i am not in Mexico that would be being in paradise... i'm in Peru living in Mexico would be like a luxury well depending on where you live i guess...hey you mentioned earlier there is another website similar to this one can you hook me up with the link??? please and thanks and don't feel bad or despair or don't get sad...you have to hit the rock bottom before you can climb up again so things will get really bad but it will all bounce and get better in no time you will see this i promise you...x-mass i cried... lol...hubbies b-day i cried...mothers day i cried...my b-day i cried...every event i cry cuz i miss home...some places we go 2 ppl try to over charge me cuz they think i'm a tourist,,, they think i'm made of money..i have no money...like i can't just go 2 a mall on a shopping spree like back home you go and buy whatever you want with your credit card if u have no money lol...but its really not so bad and you know it 2 =) =) =) so i won't complain yet because there are ppl that have been dealing with their immigration for 3 years or so appealing and stuff so for no i think we are good...where in Canada are you from ...Toronto?
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 6:48pm
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php thats the other forum I go on, and ya, me too I went only once to mcdonalds and I felt like I wasted a whole fortune on that combo lol but its ok when I go back all stuff my face jks lol and ya I thank god that am here with my husband I think if I would have stayed in canada alone with our son I would so be dying alone, and I know that others are going through tougher times :( and ya I cried for xmas and new yrs my son bday so I definetly know what you mean and what your going through and about the chicken thing omg I almost got a heart attack when they were killing it infront of me I had to leave lol WAYYYYYYY different then canada lol and I am from toronto born and raised and my parents are spanish my mom from honduras and my dad ecuador hubby is from costa rica and I living here with him for now lol :) how about you where are u from? hubby?
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 2:37am
thanks 4 the link...never came across this site till now...my hubbie is from Peru and that is where we are living right now... I came to Canada from Ukraine when i was 11 and been living in Toronto ever since...lol do you live with your parents in law? and what did your parents and friends say when you told them you were going to Costa Rica ???
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 12:57pm
I lived with my parents in law at the beginning and then 2 months after we moved on our own because to many ppl live there and me and my hubby are use to our privacy but we did live close to visit :) my parents said it was fine even tough they were sad deep down in there hearts but they know I was coming to costa rica with  a good man and my son which are now my family and soem members from my family like aunts and grandma they didnt want me to leave and said what am I gonna do there lol but I know that I was doing the right thing coming here as well my brothers and sisters they are still young and they were crying tell me not to go :( so I was sad and my friends some didnt say anything and some of them are in the same situation as me, lol right now I have one friend here in the same situation so we understand each other and support each other as well lol but soon keeping my fingers crossed all be back in CANADA :D
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:10am
hope you get some GOOD NEWS soon...hubbie will have VISA b4 you know it :D ...GOOD LUCK... and please keep me posted when his passport with his visa and ARC arrives...soon!!! sOON!!! =)
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:12pm
Yes I will definetly keep u updated and yes hopefully soon this process will be over :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic