Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARC---compelling reasons 2 return

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARC---compelling reasons 2 return
    Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 10:07pm
my husband will need an ARC...i have been trying to research as much as i can about it, however it's been difficult...different embassies have diff ways and diff waiting periods... some want a full application with the Fee and a letter.. where others just ask for the payment...as for the time frames... some embassies take a year to process the ARC(mexico) where others take 1-3 months...not sure why that is...in my eyes all ARC's should be treated and processed in the same way and in the same time frame...however for some reason things differ depending on the embassy you are dealing with...in order to be granted the ARC you must convince the officer why you should be granted the ARC...so you're banned from Canada due to a deportation order! now how do you convince the officer... what do you say in order to be granted the ARC...if anyone out there was granted the ARC please share your compelling reasons to return...you have made mistakes, wrong choices now how do you convince the officer to give you the authorization to return...what do you say...why should they allow you back....if you don't convince them and give them the right reasons as to why they should let you back in you will be denied!!!...its just a matter or saying the right things...but how do we know what to say...because in our eyes certain things can seem to be compelling to let us in... but we all know they think differently... they have different views...if anyone could please share i would really appreciate it...
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 9:56am
First off - why was the removal order / deportation issued? 

Edited by Harmonia - 28 Jul 2011 at 9:57am
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
ProudOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:41am

Exclusion or Deportation? Reason? What type of application? Visitor/PR/WP etc?

Removal Costs (did he pay his way)? Was there ever non-compliance? Warrant?

And to answer the specific question on time lines.....
If you have do something 10 times vs 1 time....which will take longer?
Some consulates have a higher volume than others. Some have staffing issues that impact there service times.
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 12:26pm
Hey I am sponsoring my husband as well had to apply for and ARC,he did write a letter explaining his reasons why he wants and needs to be in canada and the $400 fee payment I think thats it, am not sure because maybe our lawyer filled out some forms am going through the guatemala visa office, my husband is from costa rica and he has to apply for an ARC because he stayed illegal in canada, after he got denied from his application which was for refugee, and until now we dont have any news , they have asked for all the documents arc fee, passport, criminal record, rcmp, finger prints, everything am done, unless they ask for more proof, I know many ppl who have applied for arc and have gotten accepted, it depends on the case, but I will keep you informed if I get good news, which is what we hope for, Good luck to you in this process
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm
@ Harmonia & Proud one---its for a PR ----failed refugee claimant...no PRRA,,,removal order didn't show up which lead to a warrant and deportation...got busted...held and released, applied for PRRA... denied...deportation order issued and since then complied 100%..bought own ticket and returned to his country...we are just confused as of what to write in the ARC letter, i have read some stories with negative results, so i'm worried that the ARC will get denied because things in his case have not been peachy
@ Alex121...when did you submit all the documents they've requested??? did he have an interview to determine the genuineness of your marriage? is your husbands story similar?
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:23pm
I submit these documents in march 2011 and no word from them maybe soon because my husbands medicals are about to expire and no word of an interview yet or if its waived, we have no clue yet my lawyer emailed them and we are waiting on there response, and ya it is similar well my husband applied for refugee and then I believe prra and then got denied and had to leave in 30 days and never did and then we applied outland sponsorship in september and in november we went to the immigration office to give himself in and explain that he was leaving in 2 weeks, and they made him sign some paper work and told him to show up that day, SO I guess our stories are almost the same
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 12:54am
sounds good...its a PLUS that he turned himself in...looks very good on him...and it seems his interview has been waived so that's another plus 4 you guys...he will be HOME soon =) 
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
ya he did give himself in and that looks good even though he did have a deportation order, and about interview how do u know it has been waived? and yes hopefully soon am just waiting on there response if I have to redo medicals or what,
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 2:18pm
it looks like interview about the genuineness of your marriage has been waived because you said his medicals will expire soon in august so that tells me that his application has been in with them for about a year ( something like that) and usually by this time you would have received an interview request...i was told by my representative that for sure we were going to have an interview because of his immigration history and we haven't had one and its been about a year as well since our application went in( so it looks its been waived for us as well)...they also asked your guy for the ARC payment, passport and all the other documents and no notice of an interview so it looks like they have no doubt about the genuineness of your marriage BUT i was reading somewhere that some embassies have interviews for the ARC... not all but some do from what i was reading so if in the near future if he does receive a notice for an interview i think it will be in regards to the ARC...that's a big if...my friend was going through Brazil and she needed an ARC and all they asked for was the payment, no letter stating why she should be allowed back in, no interview and i have been reading that other embassies ask for forms...letters stating why you should be allowed back in and some actually call you in for an interview to decide whether they should grant the ARC or not...its all complicated and no one really wants to talk about...no one really knows for sure how it works...also from the documents they have requested it looks like they are doing the background checks security checks whatever you call that and once they are done they will issue him his ARC...he will be home soon just wait a little bit longer...please stay in touch i wanna see how long it will take your embassy to issue his ARC =) don't freak out he will get it because he turned himself in that looks really really good on him,,he left voluntarily in a short period of time...my representative advised us to turn himself in and apply like you did but we didn't listen...before this whole ordeal i knew NOTHING about immigration, didn't know how serious the consequences would be but hey you live and you learn..i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys...my friend from Brazil received her ARC at about 6 months waiting so yours is coming SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN =)
Alex121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:40pm
oo ok icic well I really hope they see the genuiness in my marriage, and that we dont get an interview, and in september I sent in the app till they recieved it in the vo in guatemala it was october so ya almost a year they have had my application, and for the interview for arc that is new for me but thanks for info at least if that comes up we have an idea, and for costa rica alot of ppl that I met they ask the forms to be filled out, pics, the fee and a letter stating why he/she should return to canada, but ya maybe other visa offices are different or dont ask for soo much, I really hope he does get approved for both sponsorship and arc process am going bonkers thinking negatively but my husbands says dont worry are marriage is real and he have been a long time together plus what more shows that you came to costa rica with me and our son to be together through this process, but still there is always that big "IF", am thinking they are going to ask my hubby to redo his medicals again which are gonna expire august 10 and then issue visa I hear alot of ppl who go through this and when they ask for the 2nd redo medicals about a month or sooner they get called with decision made so maybe we will be next but who knows am just keeping my fingers crossed and ya the average processing times for ARC is about 6 months some sooner some longer, am just praying and keeping my fingers crossed that he will get approved and soon, an dof course all keep u updated with my process as soon as I hear something and good luck to you I hope u guys get approved and soon as well  :))))))))))
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic