Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work Visa Application (Sent to 202 by mistake)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work Visa Application (Sent to 202 by mistake)
    Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 9:55am
Hi,

I was on a Post-Graduate Work Permit.
Got my LMO in April, and applied for my Work Permit in the first week of May.
Since I was continuing with the same employer so I thought I had to apply for a work permit for the Same Employer (Unit 202), however just yesterday a friend told me that he applied under the New Employer category, i.e. Unit 555. His logic was that we were on an Open Work Permit so any permit after that should be for a New Employer.

Now my questions are->
1) Can I send another online application at this stage (for work permit based on my LMO, which would take about 55 days as per the CIC website), even though the other application is still pending? I sent a paper application, so the processing time for that in Unit 202 is 131 days and hence CIC does not even acknowledge receipt before September.

2) If I do send another application then what would they do with the first one, would it cause any problems later?

3) If I just let it be would CIC transfer my application from Unit 202 to 555 or just reject it and send it back? Or would they process it in 202 itself, and my decision to send it to 202 was the correct one?

A prompt response would be much appreciated!Thanks in advance!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:50am
Did you post this in another forum? Your application will be processed though processing would take longer.

Originally posted by manuroc manuroc wrote:

Hi,

I was on a Post-Graduate Work Permit.

Got my LMO in April, and applied for my Work Permit in the first week of May.

Since I was continuing with the same employer so I thought I had to apply for a work permit for the Same Employer (Unit 202), however just yesterday a friend told me that he applied under the New Employer category, i.e. Unit 555. His logic was that we were on an Open Work Permit so any permit after that should be for a New Employer.

Now my questions are->

1) Can I send another online application at this stage (for work permit based on my LMO, which would take about 55 days as per the CIC website), even though the other application is still pending? I sent a paper application, so the processing time for that in Unit 202 is 131 days and hence CIC does not even acknowledge receipt before September.

2) If I do send another application then what would they do with the first one, would it cause any problems later?

3) If I just let it be would CIC transfer my application from Unit 202 to 555 or just reject it and send it back? Or would they process it in 202 itself, and my decision to send it to 202 was the correct one?

A prompt response would be much appreciated!Thanks in advance!
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
manuroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:34pm
Yes I did, and thanks again for your response. I came across the other forum after this one so I decided to post there as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:26pm
Not to worry; have a friend who sent it to the wrong address too but it got processed.

Originally posted by manuroc manuroc wrote:

Yes I did, and thanks again for your response. I came across the other forum after this one so I decided to post there as well.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
saraba1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saraba1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 5:18pm
musta na job_seeker? close na pala yung old na forum..ako si sirlawrence pero nag open ako bago acct kasi nakalimutan ko na password ko.
manuroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Not to worry; have a friend who sent it to the wrong address too but it got processed.

okay, thats reassuring!

Edited by manuroc - 21 Jul 2011 at 1:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 11:38pm
Saan ka na this time? Sask ka p rin ba?

Originally posted by saraba1975 saraba1975 wrote:

musta na job_seeker? close na pala yung old na forum..ako si sirlawrence pero nag open ako bago acct kasi nakalimutan ko na password ko.
saraba1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saraba1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:35pm
sask padin sa prince albert. katatapos lang medical ko, hopefully PR na..hehe san ka na ba?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 1:29am
Still in B.C.

Originally posted by saraba1975 saraba1975 wrote:

sask padin sa prince albert. katatapos lang medical ko, hopefully PR na..hehe san ka na ba?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic