Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

urgent clarification needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CANADA1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: urgent clarification needed
    Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 12:19am
I have been reading on several forums, but the answers are quite different.

what happens if your visa is stamped and your child is born in the home country and you have not landed?

do they cancel your visas and you have to start from scratch or do they cancel your visa and you just have to add baby and they will re-issue visas.?

what happens if you land but you did NOT inform them that your child is born BEFORE the visa issued. can you sponsor your child? or do they just cancel your visas and your PR.

Let me know as there is a lot of missinformation on the forums out there.

thanks

Edited by CANADA1981 - 14 Jul 2011 at 12:38am
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 1:23am
Hi

Originally posted by CANADA1981 CANADA1981 wrote:

I have been reading on several forums, but the answers are quite different.what happens if your visa is stamped and your child is born in the home country and you have not landed?do they cancel your visas and you have to start from scratch or do they cancel your visa and you just have to add baby and they will re-issue visas.?what happens if you land but you did NOT inform them that your child is born BEFORE the visa issued. can you sponsor your child? or do they just cancel your visas and your PR.Let me know as there is a lot of missinformation on the forums out there.thanks

1. Your visa is invalid and has to be returned. The child has to be added to the application, your application amended, fee paid, passport and medical.
2. If you don't report the child and the child is not examined, and you "land", the child is no longer a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored. You could also be reported for misrepresentation and receive a removal order.
PMM
om geniene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote om geniene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 4:43am
good morning/evening all :)

i am new in this forum so i need some direction if you please :):)
we have done our medical in UAE and it reached to London office whats next ?
if the answer can not be found in this forum kindly guide me where to go ?

thank you,

regards,
Om Geniene
CANADA1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CANADA1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:50am

1. Your visa is invalid and has to be returned. The child has to be added to the application, your applr.[/QUOTE]

so this means if i dont land, i just have to return the visa and add the child to the application, without having to restart the whole application?

chandigarh-toronto View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandigarh-toronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:48pm

Lets take a situation, where the principal applicant lands in Can and take the PR then comes back to his home country, then his spouse and kid joins after say a year if a Birth cirtificate could be manged which is dated after he had landed for the first time in Can.

Hope you get what i want to say.

C-T

1. Your visa is invalid and has to be returned. The child has to be added to the application, your applr.

so this means if i dont land, i just have to return the visa and add the child to the application, without having to restart the whole application?

[/QUOTE]
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 3:39pm

do they cancel your visas and you have to start from scratch or do they cancel your visa and you just have to add baby and they will re-issue visas.?

what happens if you land but you did NOT inform them that your child is born BEFORE the visa issued. can you sponsor your child? or do they just cancel your visas and your PR.

First things first: The "official and legal" way of handling this should have been an update to the visa office NINE (or more) months ago when you first got pregnant. If you went through a consultant, they should have made that very clear to you.

Now, forgetting your past mistake, going forward, you have only one "official and legal" option:  submit an update to your office, in which case they will cancel your visas, add the child to the application and will go through the process of adding the child (fees, medical if needed, proof of identity etc.). Whether or not you and everyone else in your application would have to undergo the process all over again, I am not sure. My personal opinion (from a friend who had to go through the same situation) is that not likely. They will only process your new child as additional information.

Legally, if you were to land and not claim the child as a dependant, you lose your right for future sponsorship and also risk your PR status being revoked on basis of "mis-representation". Bear in mind that "mis-representation" is a crime under the Immigration Regulations. Whether or not you ever get caught, is an altogether different debate (that I will pass on).

Any other advice of what to do would be regarded as the "illegal" way to handle the situation.

Edited by MajidS - 15 Jul 2011 at 3:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic