Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit Visa for Wife and Son of Skilled Worker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit Visa for Wife and Son of Skilled Worker
    Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 2:34pm
Hi! I am from the Philippines and my husband is a Foreign Skilled Worker in Canada.  But his category when he first entered Canada was low skilled foreign worker. Only recently when he got job offer and work permit that he was categorized as Skilled (the process was taken inside Canada).  Under the CIC laws, wife and dependents of foreign skilled worker can accompany the foreign worker to Canada or they can follow at a later date, am I correct about this?

My question is:  Now that he is Skilled Worker, can we (me and our 5 year old son) follow him there through Visit Visa? What is the chance of getting our visit visa application approved? Does CIC give credits on that?  Also, we do not have enough money in the bank, will my husband's proof of weekly wages (18CAD per hour) in Canada suffice?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 8:14pm
Hi

Originally posted by cherry cherry wrote:

Hi! I am from the Philippines and my husband is a Foreign Skilled Worker in Canada.  But his category when he first entered Canada was low skilled foreign worker. Only recently when he got job offer and work permit that he was categorized as Skilled (the process was taken inside Canada).  Under the CIC laws, wife and dependents of foreign skilled worker can accompany the foreign worker to Canada or they can follow at a later date, am I correct about this?

My question is:  Now that he is Skilled Worker, can we (me and our 5 year old son) follow him there through Visit Visa? What is the chance of getting our visit visa application approved? Does CIC give credits on that?  Also, we do not have enough money in the bank, will my husband's proof of weekly wages (18CAD per hour) in Canada suffice?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

You can apply for a TRV and an open work permit in Manila, but there is no guarantee that it will be issued. Pretty low salary to support a family of three in Canada. Send a copy of his work permit and proof of salary with your application.
PMM
cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:12am
Thank you for your immediate reply but just want to clarify, I will apply for the TRV and Open Work Permit in Manila, but how about my 5-year old son? Definitely he can't work yet.  Will I include him in my application for OWP?

Also, I have the following questions in mind, hope you won't mind me asking all these:

1.  My husband became skilled worker when he is already in Canada.  But, given a situation that the initial job offer prior leaving the Phils is already Skilled, then me and our son can already accompany him to Canada, he just have to include us concurrently with his application, right?  If so, then what difference does it make for him to have applied us simulataneously outside Canada (assuming he was skilled prior to entry), and our present situation that he got the skilled category when he's already there?  Hope CIC will get the point of not considering the funding requirements in this case.

2.  His work permit was handled by an immigration firm in Canada, and he was advised that me and our son must apply for TRV (VISIT VISA-MULTIPLE ENTRY) in the Canadian Embassy in Manila, and we have greater chance of having the visa approved considering my husband's occupation is NOC B.  Is that true?  What difference does it make to apply for Single Entry and Multiple?

2.  Assuming me and my son have slim chance of getting visit visa, I'd like to apply then for Open Work Permit, but how about my son? Does he have other options?

3.  Assuming also (I am definitely not hoping!) that we have not qualified under Visit Visa and OWP, what type of application for PR can we make when we qualify?  Opportunities Ontario requires 24-months of full time skilled occupation.  Canadian Experience Class also requires 24months of full time skilled occupation.  Which is best to consider?

I earnestly pray that our dream of being together will be realized through HIS help..... Please include us in your prayers...

Thank you and hoping you will still post a reply.  God bless!

cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:18am
By the way PMM, if I may add, I only have P80,000 (around 2000CAD) in the bank while my husband's bank account in Canada only has 1,800CAD.  Also, I am presently employed here in the Philippines (8 years of continued employment in one government agency and receiving P25,000 monthly salary (around 600CAD), will the Cert. of Employment and Compensation gives chance to having an approved visa considering ties in my home country?

Thanks again...Please help I really am confused...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:30pm
Hi

Originally posted by cherry cherry wrote:

By the way PMM, if I may add, I only have P80,000 (around 2000CAD) in the bank while my husband's bank account in Canada only has 1,800CAD.  Also, I am presently employed here in the Philippines (8 years of continued employment in one government agency and receiving P25,000 monthly salary (around 600CAD), will the Cert. of Employment and Compensation gives chance to having an approved visa considering ties in my home country?

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0"> 

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Thanks again...Please help I really am confused...

1. Your child is included in your application for the TRV and OWP S/he is shown as a dependent.
2. The ties will be difficult to show as you will have no ties left in the Philippines as your job will disappear and you will be taking your child with you.
PMM
cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:45pm
Oh I see! Do you suggest Sir that I apply for OWP instead of Visit Visa because it's hard to get a visit visa on my case?  If ever I apply for OWP here in the Phils, do you have any idea Sir on how long will it take? Hope not too long.   How about the chance of getting the OWP approved, 99%?  Smile

Thanks Sir PMM, I appreciate this site a lot.....

cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:09pm
Oh I see! Do you suggest Sir that I apply for OWP instead of Visit Visa because it's hard to get a visit visa on my case?  If ever I apply for OWP here in the Phils, do you have any idea Sir on how long will it take? Hope not too long.   How about the chance of getting the OWP approved, 99%?  Smile

Thanks Sir PMM, I appreciate this site a lot.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic