Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best province nominee program for nurses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best province nominee program for nurses?
    Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 12:11am
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions which might need some expert opinions regarding the nominee program.

Person who is interested to come to Canada is a recent nurse graduate with a year of work experience (zone falls within Islamabad embassy).

And now my questions related to Provincial Nominee Program:

1- Can he apply to multiple provinces at the same time in order to see which one accepts him? Would that have an adverse effect on his application?

2- Which province has the quickest method of immigration for nurses?

3- Since Islamabad embassy takes ages to do an application can this person travel to India for further pursuing studies and request Delhi to process his immigration file while he is on Student Visa in Delhi?

4- For Ontario the occupation list for Nurses says, "Limit Reached". Well, limit reached for what year? does that mean forget about Ontario for the next 5 years or so?

Thanks
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 7:15pm
Anything on this guys?
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 1:27pm
Am I asking this in the wrong forum?
ashirale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashirale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 2:10pm
Sorry I can only answer question 2 and based on hearsay from a friend (whose wife is a nurse and interested in immigration to Canada)

Manitoba appears to be the best province for nurses, foreign credentials related to nursing can also be easily ported to the Manitoba labour market without much of the fuss you ill experience in other provinces.
AOR:Sep 2007,Doc+PCC Req:Oct 2009,Meds+RPRF Req:Aug 2010,Updated PCC Req:Mar 2011,PPR: May 2011,Visa: Jun 2011,PR/Landed: Aug 2011,PR Card:Oct 2011
ashirale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashirale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 2:14pm
oh! I guess I can also answer question 3 Big smile
If 'this person' has been admitted to India legally (say on a student visa) for atleast 1 continuous year, then he can apply to the Canadian High Commission in Delhi.
He does not need to wait till the year is completed, all he needs is proof (copy of student permit/visa etc) that shows that he has been legally admitted to stay atleast 1 year.
AOR:Sep 2007,Doc+PCC Req:Oct 2009,Meds+RPRF Req:Aug 2010,Updated PCC Req:Mar 2011,PPR: May 2011,Visa: Jun 2011,PR/Landed: Aug 2011,PR Card:Oct 2011
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 2:34pm
Amazing info. Thank you very much. And I have the same questions for another family of mine who is just finishing Civil Engineering in India. What provinces have civil engineer on list for needed skills? or would it be none?

***Anyone can answer my questions 1 and 4 above first post?

Thanks again "ashirale"
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 12:23pm
Anyone else can tackle my questions?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic