Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mar/Apr/May/June 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 71>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
@RK119 - congrats to you! I am curious though why nearly a 6-month wait time from the moment your PR card got approved to when you can pick it up. I realize you don't need it now that you will have your passport, but you might want to call the CIC - their processing times recently went down considerably for PR cards from 180 to roughly 70 days. Your card may just be waiting for you already, not that you need it:)
SK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 3:17pm
I am not sure ...but this seems to be a standard practie for folks who hae applied for citizenship too...

We also have our date to pick up PR card in Aug, though it has been sent to st clair office in March.......

When i went thier to pick up early...lady said that i need to hae a confirmed reseration to travel to pick up before time.....

May be they think they can process citizenship application earlier....waiting for test date .....and now that my wife has an RQ ....she will have to pick up the card in August...(or may be not.....we wish)....

jaroddz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaroddz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 8:48pm
Well I applied in January for the PR card renew, got approved and the pickup day scheduled in September ( I waiting for my citizenship oath), my friend did the same thing but applied in December for his PR (he's US citizen) not Canadian citizenship application for him, pickup day late July. Both card are ready at st- clair office confirmed by CIC,....  Make no sense to me 

Edited by jaroddz - 17 Apr 2012 at 11:42am
Soconn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:08pm
Finally its all done... took the oath this morning. Good luck and speedy processing to those still in the queue.
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:48pm
Congratulations Soconn! Enjoy it!
Racon
T800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 4:55pm
Congrats Soconn!
Forestmember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:19pm
Congrats Soconn
zhulinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhulinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:41pm
Congratulations, Soconn
Clayton View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:03pm
Congratulations, Soconn  
SK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:44am
Letter was mailed to me yesterday  for the test on 4th of May ...........just and update
Edmonton, can you pls update the sheet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 71>
  Share Topic