Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help, is this fixable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizou10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help, is this fixable?
    Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:13am
Hello peeps,

I have immigration problems that I would like to share with my fellow legal and illegal comarades lol, to cut thigs short a bit i will tell you about my Canadian immigration escapade. I came to Canada in 2001 on a student visa which i did not abuse and in fact i went to school and everything was silky smooth until i met my ex-wife the same year we were young n foolish (20,19) defied our families and got maried after 3 dates :S, we aplied for pr the same year and got a refusal because we did not make a strong case in 2004 i went out of status a yearand a half down the road we retained a lawyer who told me that i will be ok applying from within to make things short a year down the road the guy tuned out to be a crook and stole our money and threatened us. By then things got tough for me n my wife especially her and our life turned from sweet to sour and we ended up filing for divorce now i am left with nada but nontheless I completed a 3 years advanced diploma in college (after my visa expired). My question is would i stand a chance if I go home (tunisia) reapply and come back (lawyer said high probability of refusal) or you guys see an alternative within this great land?

Thank you so much for reading and commenting and sharing GOD bless.

ralph dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 12:57pm
Under what category would you be filing your application...Federal Skilled Worker?
If that's the case, then it's impossible to assess your chances on the basis of the information you have provided here. If you'd like a free assessment, send me a msg to my office email address listed below.

The only alternative you have within Canada is the H&C. But, you must keep in mind that having resided here without status since 2004, by filing the H&C you will remind CIC and CBSA of your existance and current location. This could potentially lead to speedy removal.

regards,

Ralph Dzegniuk, Barrister & Solicitor (B.A., L.L.B.)
Migration Law Chambers
82 Richmond Street East, Suite 305
Toronto, ON. M5C 1P1
Phone: (416) 548 9072
Fax: (416) 548 9092
www.migrate-2-canada.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic