Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abu Dhabi Processing....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 179>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 1:27am
radnad,

Visa officers are getting more conservative now a days per instructions of International Regions, Ottawa under Deputy Immigration Minister to make sure the applicants have minimal ties to their country of current residence in particular from Middle East.

Since, most of the newly landed immigrants coming from the Middle East tends to go back to resume their tax free jobs within 2-3 weeks of arrival does not go smooth with the CIC as the person is given a PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS.  However, they show up here for 2-3 weeks, get PR cards, register kids, in few cases apply for child tax benefits and goes back.

CIC is now trying their best to force the prospective immigrants from ME regions to severe all of their ties i.e jobs, investment, business activities and expect them to make Canada as their place of permanent residence instead.

Now coming back to your situation, when your sponsor knew that your application is closed to be finalized, how come he can heavily invest into a business venture within 2 months after resigning from Etisalat?  This seems a hasty decision?  No one resigns and jumps into business ventures within 2 months.....

He should have waited for your visa application before investing and could have come back after few months from landing.  He is allowed to stay out of Canada for three straight years anyways.

Since, he has invented this problem, he better resolve as well.  Did he inform the embassy about his business investment?  Few months ago, I had a client in Dubai who was also asked to get his visa cancelled before granted PR, he followed my advice and he is here in Brampton now without cancelling his Dubai visa.  However, each case is unique and being reviewed by different visa officers.

Bash
Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant

radnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:14am
Hi Bash,

Thank you for your advice. Actually my husband is the applicant and I am the sponsor. I live with him in Dubai with our daughter (who is also Canadian). It's not really his business, but he got a job offer a few months ago with a global company to set up an office here in Dubai. So basically he is the authorized signatory and he is the managing director of this new office. He is presently in the process of setting it up for his new employer. So it's not really HIS business. But he doesn't see how he can just leave it so soon.

Furthermore, since he has just recently started this new job, he hasn't had a chance to inform the visa office about this. So I am not sure how this will affect their decision?

It's understandable that immigration is trying to be more conservative and trying their best to keep permanent residents IN Canada but 60 days is too less to wrap up everything, don't you think? We have a home here, we have a car, all these things will take time to get rid of. I was hoping they'd at least tell him to cancel it before his visa will expire (Jan 3, 2012) but they are saying 60 days, which has really put us off guard.

radnad

Applied Jan 27/09
AOR Mar 17/09
Medical req Nov 2/09
2nd med req Dec 13/10
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:30pm
radnad,

Unfortunately, I find contradictory information between your earlier and today's post which baffles my mind before offering any appropriate suggestions to resolve the issue.

You have stated in your previous post that your husband resigned from Etisalat in April 2011 and in order to resume his residency, he have invested heavily into a business venture.   Whereas, in your today's post, you are saying that he got a job offer a few months ago with a global company and it's really not his business.

Sorry, I am a legal professional and am trained to read between the lines in order to extract the facts before making any conclusions.  In your case specific situation, I am afraid to not offer any suggestions unless know all the relevant facts of the subject matter.

I hate to offer poor suggestions based on limited, rather vague and conflicting information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Bash

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:37pm

radnad,

I quote from your previous post:

"To keep his residency in UAE he opened up a business and has invested a lot in it".

This is what I meant when u had stated invested a lot in it and now saying that it is not really his business but he is helping a foreign company to set up their office.

That seems a pretty wide turn between both of your statements unless you can clarify or maybe I just misunderstood or misinterpreted in a different way?

Bash

radnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:34am
Hi Bash,

Yes, I apologize for being vague in my information. I realized after posting the second time that it must have been confusing for anyone to read!

Okay so basically, my husband was working for Etisalat as a Sales Manager but early this year he received a job offer from another company with better pay and benefits and it's a director-level job, so he accepted it, obviously. He gave Etisalat his resignation in March and his last working day there was end of April. Meanwhile though, he was also beginning to set up the office for his new job. He is basically the only employee in Dubai for this global company. So he is in charge for everything here. So that's the part about his job. He feels it's too good of an opportunity to let go of so soon. He is, however, ready to resign from this job end of this year though if all goes well.

So what we want to know is: if my husband's visa will expire January 3rd, 2012 as stated in the letter sent by the visa office in Abu Dhabi, then is it possible to ask them to extend their request for cancelling visas to let's say, December 2011? Because like I said, they are asking him to cancel everything in 60 days and that seems a bit unreasonable to me. We have been living together here for almost 4 years and we have a child, so you can imagine all the things we have tied down here.

Hope it's clear as water now. I would appreciate any feedback. My main question is again, is it possible to ask Immigration for an extension? If so, how should we go about it? If not, what other options do we have ?

Thank you.

radnad
Applied Jan 27/09
AOR Mar 17/09
Medical req Nov 2/09
2nd med req Dec 13/10
chemalyinqatar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemalyinqatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 5:59am
hello Eveyone
we got the AOR by email on June2, and a request for additional documents. One is travel history , but we cant see what we have missed. teh IMM5549 was incomplete. Police clearance for Qatar and military exemption, which we already sent and requested originals again!!! argggg. and Proff that sponsor would reside in Canada ( copy of resignation, cancelled RP for Qatar) ......... just thought would share with you all. we will send it all this week, i resigned my job, and just hope they move quickly on my husbnds PR so he can come with me. ... :)
suhaib2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suhaib2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 8:11am
     Good news chemalyinqatar. so your AOR 2ND June 2011, and mine 11 January 2011. We're on the same train together, but why you resigned your job from now, you should do that when they will be ready to give you the Visa. I'm not sure about that but I think so.   
App sent 09/07/2010
CIC Received on 12/07/2010
AOR received on 11/01/2011 with attach requested app and papers.
sent requested papers on 28/03/2011.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemalyinqatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 5:36am
Hi Suhaib! I sure hope my resignation pushes them . They requested it in the letter sent ...see below email from them... i could have maybe waited a little while, but my kids are going back to canada next week and i want us all to be together, I hope teh resignation shows them... I had a great job here and no job in Canada.....
Dear Applicant:
In order to continue processing your application, we ask that you provide us with the following documents/information:
- Please complete the attached Schedule 1 Background/Declaration Form. We have your Schedule 1 Background/Declaration Form on file HOWEVER, we note that you have not accurately answered ALL the questions or did not answer 1 or more questions. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, in questions 11 and 15, you must ensure that you list all employment, studying and travelling since age 18. There must be NO gaps. If you were unemployed, you must state this on the application. This is also true for your addresses - there can be no gaps since age 18.
- Please complete the attached IMM 5549 - Supplementary Information Form. We have your Supplementary Information Form on file HOWEVER, we note that you have not accurately answered ALL the questions or did not answer 1 or more questions. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, question 2 - countries where you have visited or lived in since your 18th birthday. You must ensure that you list all your travels according to the stamps on your passport since age 18 and indicate what was the activity/purpose of your visit in that country (i.e. tourism, business, visiting family, etc.).
- Please complete and return to our office the attached Residency Questionnaire. This should be completed by the principal applicant only and not your sponsor. Please answer ALL questions on the form. Answers must be in English or French. Please write legibly.
- Proof that your Canadian Citizen sponsor is currently residing in Canada or will reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada. If your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada, we will require satisfactory evidence that they will reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on. This will be required before a permanent resident visa can be issued. If your sponsor does not believe that they will be ready to move to Canada when your permanent resident visa is issued, then you may wish to consider withdrawing this current application. Your spouse could then submit a new sponsorship when they are prepared to move to Canada.
- Your Military Completion/Exemption Certificate. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.   
- Your original police certificate from (Qatar) issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
If we have asked you to submit an original police certificate(s), and/or photos, please send all required documents together by regular mail or courier. You cannot send police certificates and/or photos by fax or as an email attachment because we require original police certificates/printed photos.
If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
You cannot come to the Embassy to submit the required documents in person. Unless otherwise specified, you can send the required documents using one of the following options:
Regular mail OR Courier (All courier charges are paid by the applicant):
Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
10th Floor Abu Dhabi Trade Tower
West Tower, Abu Dhabi Mall
PO Box 6970
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (60) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.
If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.
Thank you.
Immigration Section / RH
Please note: You must provide complete, truthful and accurate information. Documents and/or information may be verified. If you provide incomplete, false or misleading information, it will likely result in a refusal of your application. Please note that misrepresentation of material information could render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 9:58am
chemalyinqatar  ,

This is definitely a great way to start and I must say that it is a beginning of an end of war with embassy on your part.  However, you must provide them with alll of other requested evidence as well to be on safer side.

Good luck!!

Bash
Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemalyinqatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:33am
Hello Mr. Bash . thank you for your encougement :)..........

Edited by chemalyinqatar - 14 Jun 2011 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 179>
  Share Topic