Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel record

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel record
    Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:29pm
Is it possible to get the travel record from the government ? If so, how to do it ?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 11:33pm
I don't think so.

Doesn't your passport have stamps from the travelling?
Mike69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:21am
Hi,
   I have got my PR and travelling to Canada in July. But I have to come back in 15 days as I have some things to sort out. Would I be able to leave canada without PR card? Any suggestions here.
Roca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Mike69 Mike69 wrote:

Hi,
   I have got my PR and travelling to Canada in July. But I have to come back in 15 days as I have some things to sort out. Would I be able to leave canada without PR card? Any suggestions here.

Yes you can leave because they will not ask you about that at the airport. But you have to make sure somebody you really trust lives here to send it to you in your home country, before you are planning to come back. 
So: 1: Make sure you have somebody reliable
      2: Make sure you will receive it in your home country
blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:03am
Also keep in mind that there is possibility that CIC asks you to take new photos for PR card, therefore you will have to return to Canada, but without PR card you can't return and you will have to apply for additional travel document.
Mike69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:05am
Hi Blackpearl,
   I am New Zealand citizen and do not require visa to travel to Canada. In case CIC wants me to come back would I be able to travel as tourist on my NZ Passport and get the new photos done?
       Does this photo issue happens quite often? Any feedback from some one who has faced this issue will be very helpful.
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:21am
Mike, Photo issue does not usually happen. It happens in the case when you land and your photo is not their specification.
It happened to me back in 2004 and since I had to leave the country after landing for a short time, they had sent me a letter asking me to go to a local office and get a pic taken or get a picture taken with the right spec along with the address and name of the photographer and send it to local CIC. However I did not get a chance to do this for 6 months orso and in the meantime was using my COPR to cross the border by car from the US. However in your since you probably will be flying you might have to comein. But if your photo is to spec, you may not even have this problem. When my family landed in 2009, there ws no issues. 30 days and we got the PR cards..
Mike69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 1:58am
Thanks ecs,
     In case I need to come back for photo will I be able to come back as tourist and get the picture sorted.
Mike
pzb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pzb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Roca Roca wrote:

Is it possible to get the travel record from the government ? If so, how to do it ?

You cannot get a 100% accurate record, but you can request two things via ATIP from the CBSA:

- Traveler History
This is for an individual and provides the CBSA records of entries into Canada.  There is a single nationwide database for this, so individual ports of entry and dates are not necessary.  CBSA stores records for six years prior (possibly plus the current year).

- Highway Traveler History
This is for a vehicle and provides the CBSA records for a vehicle entering into Canada.  This is maintained at each port of entry, so you need to specify which POEs you want searched.  You will also need to include a copy of the vehicle registration with your ATIP request, along with permission/consent from the vehicle's owner, if the owner is not the requester.

You can also request copes of your customs declaration forms and API/PNR data for specific dates and locations.  The difference from the above two is that you must have the exact date.

I just submitted a ATIP request for the first two for myself, and spoke with the ATIP analyst today to revise the request.  Once I get the results, I will post the full process.

Thanks,
Peter
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:28pm
pzb thanks for that....let's see if CBSA can provide such information it will be a great news if they can!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic