Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Health Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Health Insurance
    Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 5:44pm
Why did you not apply when you were in Quebec?
I believe you have to/are supposed to
OHIP is 3 months after you move to Ontario so - go apply
If you can prove you've been in Ontario at least 90 days you should be fine
They will probably ask you why you didn't apply in Quebec - even with moving to Ontario, with the waiting period you would have been covered until OHIP kicked in

Originally posted by Roca Roca wrote:

Hi,
I got my PR in nov 2007 and never applied for the Health Insurance. I was living in Quebec and recently moved to Toronto. Now, I wanna get it because I am feeling very bad these days. Will I have to wait for the 3 months period or apply now ?
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Roca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:28pm
Hi,
I got my PR in nov 2007 and never applied for the Health Insurance. I was living in Quebec and recently moved to Toronto. Now, I wanna get it because I am feeling very bad these days. Will I have to wait for the 3 months period or apply now ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic