FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship via Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship via Marriage
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:21pm
Your wife will have to sponsor you for permanent resident status first. See here for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Citizenship is still many years away for you and you do not qualify to apply at this time.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
HUMDESI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUMDESI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:14pm
Dude... you know who are you asking for help from??? All the people on this forum are exhausted by the immigration and citizenship system of canada. They are just trying to share their experiences and hope they get some support from each other during these lengthy process. And I dont blame canadian government for this state entirely. It is people like you who come here illegally, make the matters worse for everybody else. Just marrying canadian citizen doesnt make you canadian citizen....
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:31pm
Hi there,

Your marriage with a Canadian citizen will not grant you the Canadian citizenship.

In order to apply for the Canadian citizen you need to physically leave 1095 days in Canada (3 years). You will have to prove your identity. However, I find it weird that you came to Canada without a piece of ID. Don't you have a PR card, your Pr confirmation or a passport ?

Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010
samk2119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samk2119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:34pm
Hi,

To start with I came into Canada a year or so ago by means I don't wish to explain but to put in simple words I dont have any kind of ID on me at the moment. A few months ago I met my wife who is a Canadian citizen. We started going out and got married two months ago.

We are currently happily married, but due to limited option in the job market for me we are giving a though and want to apply for Canadian citizenship. Since i dont have any ID on me and I can't provide any proof on how I got here Can someone please help me and point me in the right direction??? As to how to go about this problem and figure out a solution??? 

Thank You in advance...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic