Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

restoration of status:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indianboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: restoration of status:
    Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:51pm
Hi I am a student with a post secondary institution studying in ottawa. I applied for a study permit extension before it expired. But due to a mistake in submitting the files of documents  online. I was refused a visa because of inadequate documents. However when I came to know  about my mistake , I immediately emailed to the questionairre section, and I immediately received a response from one agent, and she advised me that as it was not possible to resubmit the file, I needed to wait as the immigration will ask you if they required any additional document. But today I recieved a letter stating that I am refused a extension, and I need to apply for a restoration of status, its still not 90 days after my study permit expired,Can I not continue studying till I hear from the immigration regarding my restoration of status.
Please do respond and show me the way. If I cannot study, it would be really bad for my career.

indianboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indianboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 11:15pm
Please someone help me.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:18am
Hi

Originally posted by indianboy indianboy wrote:

Please someone help me.

Actually you are supposed to stop studying, but no one is going to come looking for you. So just send the correct information and apply for restoration of status.
PMM
indianboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indianboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:20pm

Hi pmm,

so that means I  tell them what ws the situation and I continued studying . Can I not got to CIC local office and tell them this thing.Should I inform the school, as I will have  to ask  them for a new letter. What should the letter contain?Please do respond as I really dont want tow aste my money and education because of this error.Thank you in advance.
Saunil Desai
Saunil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic