Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

citizenship test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: citizenship test
    Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:23am

Hi Folks

My wife and myself have been scheduled for a citizenship written test on the same day,same time.
We have a really small baby that we can not keep anywhere else.
I called CIC call center and they told me if either of us miss the test then they will reschdule the test at a later date, but would not reschdule for the same day or week, that means one of us will be back in the waiting queu for who knows how long.
Does any one had smilar experince regding not missing the test or resceduling the test.
Please share your experince and suggestions !
Cheers
Hitz
jand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:34pm
I don't think you should reschedule your test. I read on a different thread that infants are allowed in the test hall.

I was there last week and although there were no infants in my session, I didn't see anything to indicate that they would not allow an infant in the hall. The test is very short and most people were done in 15 minutes or less.

I would take the infant and let the CIC officers decide whether you need to reschedule or not.  Good Luck.

smithygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:58pm
as per info received with my test schedule, clearly points out that infants are not allowed in testing room  "PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN TESTING ROOM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ADEQUATE SUPERVISION IS AVAILABLE FOR ACCOMPANYING CHILDREN DURING THE TEST SESSION."

i would suggest either a sitter for a couple hours or one person doing the test the other rescheduling... or as jand indicates take your infant with you and possible 1 can do testing while other see about baby and vice versa.....as far i heard testing period is not that long anyway, so they may allow.
SENT:Oct. 3rd 2010: RECEIVED: Oct. 8th 2010: IN PROCESS: April 12th 2011, TRANSFERRED:May 6th 2011 to Mississauga: TEST: june 7th 2011: OATH: august 4th 2011.
hitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:13am
Jand and smithygirl
Thnks very much for the suggestions ,I guess i am going to take the baby with us, along with some one who can be with the baby for just the test duration.
Looks like as per the feedback the test shud'nt take more then 30 mins max.
Thnks guys appreciate your help.
Cheers!
hitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:14am
Just wondering Since we are from Alberta is it true that we will have some questions based on Alberta in our citizenship test, does anyone knows abt this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic