Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

==Can I change test date==

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becomecitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ==Can I change test date==
    Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:43am
Dear friends,

Does anybody have the experience of changing test date? I ask this because I am currently in my home country and I'm going to take a surgery. If the test date (I haven't received the letter for the test yet) is close to my surgery date, I cannot go back to Canada to take the test. If this happens, can I change the test date and to whom I should write a letter ? Thank you very much in advance.
hi canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:41pm
Yes you can call the cic office and change it.
liugxhk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liugxhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:55pm
In your case, you have not received the test letter. You have better call the cic calling center telling them that you can not write the test within some time range, and that would be fine. If you get the letter, you are not be able to postpone it. 

----------------------------------------------------------

If you get a letter and can not write it for any holy reasons in this world, you have to see a judge almost definitely. And, -----> 

You will be directed to see a citizenship judge 99 out of 100 times. And you need to wait for another 5 to 6 months before you could possibly be scheduled to see a Judge. 

You might think you have soundly justified reason not to write the test and the cic website says you can have another chance, but that information is not reliable, at least for me one and a half years ago. 

Below is for my information:

I got my test letter two weeks before test in mid september 2009 informing me to write the test on oct 1st, 2009. Since I had a two-week vocation in my home country and just paid a ticket which was not refundable except I was willing to pay 500 dollars for changing departure date. I called the cic calling center, and one guy told me to send a fax to the local office, in my case it was scarborough in ontario, and asked them to rearrange my test date. I also told the operator that I could write the test after oct 20th, 2009, and he said that would be fine. Then I trusted the guy and sent a fax explaining my situation as well as the photocopy of my ticket fare stub with penalty condition highlighted. Unfortunately when I came back Canada 15 days later, I waited in vain for one whole month. Desperately to find out what had happened, I called the cic calling center again, and you know what the operator said. He bluntly told me that they never arranged a second test for anybody in scarborough local office, and I had to wait at least until July 1st, 2010 to be scheduled to see a citizenship judge. That sounds end of the world, eh? 

So my suggestion is that if you think you are lucky enough, you might get the 1 out 100 chance of being scheduled for another test. But all you can do is pray to get the chance, which is at most slim by all conditions in current citizenship application process due to heavy backlog. 

I called the calling center twice after that saying that it was unfair for me to wait for 9 months to see the judge, and that might move some gently hearted operator and at the end of January 2010, I got a letter instructing me to see judge at Feb 9th, 2010. And finally I received my citizenship status on the last day of April, 2010. 

Toronto ---
Sent: Nov-24 2010 | Received: Nov-29 2010| E-Cas: Feb-10, 2011 | Letter: Feb-18, 2011 | In Process: Aug-22 | Transfered: Sep-07 | Test: Nov-01 | Oath: ?
becomecitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becomecitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:56am
Thank you for your reply and information. That's very helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic