Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study Permit (lots of questions)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskanElf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study Permit (lots of questions)
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:11pm

Hello Everyone!

Right now I am in a situation when I need to talk with someone more experienced and with a little cooler mind that I have this very minute, so here is the situation:

On May 7th (well, that day they should have received the package with all the documents) of this year I applied for the study permit to study at the Liaison College for Chef Degree. Currently I am a foreign Russian student almost graduated from the US university (actually graduated in May, but I didn’t get my diploma yet and right now staying for the Optional Practical Training after finishing my study) and I applied via mail at Seattle.

So, here are the questions:

- The day I applied the application processing time for Study Permit at Seattle was 4 weeks. Now its 30 weeks = 7 months. Worse than at South Africa. Are they serious or its some kind of glitch?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

Seattle gc.ca webpage still says “allow at least 4 weeks to process the mail applications”.

- I forgot to put into my package of documents the printout of “the list of provided documents”. Is this a 100% reason to turn my documents back to me or documents might still go through? And if they are going to reject my documents because of that, how fast they would’ve sent them back to me? Two weeks passed, I didn’t receive anything neither through mail nor through e-mail.

- In the “secondary education” part I wrote that I have a Bachelor Degree and that my study ended May 2010, even though at that time I was not yet graduated and I didn’t provided my transcript or diploma printouts. Might that become an issue?

AlaskanElf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskanElf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:06pm
Anyone?Unhappy
AlaskanElf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskanElf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:20pm

Ok, those wonderful people at cic.gc.ca website put the processing time back to normal. Seattle now is 4 weeks.

sonaponse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonaponse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 3:33am
really i didnt get u...when did u apply exact date?...did u get back any reply?there are chances of rejection but sometimes luck gives you visa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic