Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:43pm
Thank you very much for your feedback Samy. I will notify Nairobi this Friday about our pregnancy. From what I understand, we better get ready for to baby to be born before we get a visa from Nairobi. When did you inform them about your pregnancy?

Thanks
ermikyimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermikyimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 2:18pm
Hey guys say something don't be Like Nairobi office!
I wish I have something to share.
Sarum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 2:33pm
Happy New Year everyone.

So good news and bad news.  As I posted before my husband got a letter to re-do his medicals and police clearance and submit his passport one month after completing his medicals.  Problem which is a copy of last year, we went to re-do his meds and they inbformed us that he would need to re-do his chest xray in 3 months so March 17th. It`s exactly what happened with our last medicals and there were no issues but apparently there is a black spot on his chest xray from an infection or something he had as a child and he also has to do the TB where you spit into a cup and they test it.

As this is exactly what happened last year, the doctor informed us that it`s just protocal and nothing to be worried about but because the old medicals are no longer valid they can`t use anything from it, so in March he`ll re-do his chest xray to prove that it`s not anything and then send in his passport.

We sent in his police clearance with a letter explaining the situation since we won`t be able to get the completed medicals to them within 60 days as stated in the letter.  I also sent in an update with case specific inquiry, so I hope that there are no problems.

The good news is that at least we know there`s no interview and now we`re just waiting but I have to say that I`m not very happy with myself for not doing the medical earlier.  We had talked about doing it a couple of months before but decided to wait and now I wish we hadn`t.  Live and learn, I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing well and that the New Year is of to a good start.
samy008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samy008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:26pm
Hi Kaba,

we informed them of the pregnancy when she was 4 month pregnant and got the ultrasound.
we emailed them the doctor's pregnancy report.  then i sent an email once she was requested to
redo a medica in october.  she was 8 month pregnant at that time.  On both occasion they did not respond back at all.  The last letter is when our baby was born in November. we sent pictures and birth certificate and also copy of receipt from our childs citizenship application. 

I think they are moving much faster now, so i think there is still hope your spouse will join you before your baby is born.

gakians View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:26am
Keep Pushing Kaba; hopefully they will sure fasten things.
-----------
Forum; I asked you guys a question and nobody answered me; please dont be like Nairobi Office. (how long in advance do they notify you to redo medicals???)
Now my wife's medicals expire tomorrow!! what next?? I have never heard from them since AOR.
Or is my file lost??
Please help!!
kaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 12:42pm

Hi Samy. I will inform Nairobi once I get instructions for medical redo. Thanks for your insight on this.  

Gakians, I don't think the file is lost. I went through the same silence for months until they responded to an email I sent to them telling me that they will send medical instructions in January. That was few days before Christmas holidays.

Now, I haven't receive them yet. I am wondering if we should go forward and do the medical exams or wait for instructions. If someone knows, we will appreciate. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermikyimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 2:11pm
I have the same problem Gakian, My medicals will expire in 15 days. Help
hamna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:46pm
Hi all, for those whose medicals are about to expire, wait for them to send medical redo forms. It's not the same as the one for the initial medical. As for not hearing from them, that's normal. It took more than a year from the time they sent me an AOR and the time they sent medical redo forms. Hope this is helpful.
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:47am
I agree with hamna!  It seems things have picked up in Nairobi so you should be hearing from the embassy over the next couple of months UNLESS they have scheduled an interview.  If you want to find out additional information, contact your MP to perform an equiry or order  your CAIPS. 

Thanks,
S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermikyimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:04am
Hey Sarum
I was wondering, when your husband got the letter to re-do the medicals, did Nairobi send him a new form that was different from the orginial medical form?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 164>
  Share Topic