Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samy008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 6:29pm
Congra abyssinian....we got that same letter about 2 weeks ago.  The letter says to pay the rprf
if you have not done so, so i don't think a proof would be necessary as they would have that on
their file.  In our case, we just went to the Canadian Consulate in Addis and gave them my wife's
passport and they said it would be sent to nairobi by diplomatic bag which is sent to every friday.

abyssinian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abyssinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 6:49pm
Thanks Samy, i still didnt recieve a letter , i recieved an email but it doesnt say how i should send the pp.
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:44am

abyssinian / samy008 - We are on the final home stretch, yay!!!  What I did was a 3 pronged approach to solve this rprf issue.  Yes, I did pay the full amount at the complete start and my MP said it shows I am missing that amount on my file.  When my wife received an email to send her passport they did not ask for the fees so I guess my 3 pronged approach worked:

-Email the embassy informing them you paid the full amount and include your receipt as an attachment (via case specific enquiry)
-Fax the embassy informing them you paid the full amount and include your receipt as an attachment
-Send a letter to the embassy informing them you paid the full amount and include your receipt as an attachment

If they see a receipt for $1040 associated to your file number, all their concerns over this fee should be alleviated and resolved. 

I also forgot to include, I have been working with my MP's office as he contacted the minister of immigration.  I provided him proof that all the fees were paid so instead of a 3 pronged approach it was more like 4!  :)   One of the methods did work and that's the most important thing!

Thanks,

S

Edited by ourkid8 - 24 Dec 2009 at 10:19am
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:43am
hi
yes CHC only need money
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
Hello everyone... My wife spoke with DHL and they do not offer prepaid courier coupons for the safe return of your passport.  What is everyone else doing?  

I  guess our only option is to include a letter asking the embassy to give my wife a call or to send her an email once completed so my wife can personally pick up her passport from the embassy Nairobi.   Any other suggestions? 

Thanks,

Shahed

Edited by ourkid8 - 31 Dec 2009 at 12:34am
abyssinian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abyssinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 3:58pm
Ourkid
I also spoke to DHL they said the same thing,  once the visa is ready nairobi will be sending it to the embassy in addis ababa, so they are the one(the embassy in addis) who will give us the call to pick up the passport.
 by the way i finally recieved a letter on friday dec. 25 "requesting the passport and pay the rprf but to ignore it if i already paid", it was dated on dec. 14.
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:04am
Happy New Sun Year to all
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 12:43am
I would like to wish everyone a happy New Year!  :) 
kaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 4:40pm
Our timeline
February 6 2009 Sponsoring accepted
February 23 2009 Nairobi processing begins

On Dec 23 I received an email response to my request on my wife application status saying that our application is in process and that medical instructions will be sent in January 2010.

My wife is now 3 months pregnant. She is due in June (15). I would like to know how does Nairobi deal with pregnancies, what should we expect and anything that we will need to do so that we do not spend another year waiting.

Thanks for advices
ermikyimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermikyimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:50pm
How come the forum is so quite lately?
Does anyone have any updates? Any news from Kenya yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 164>
  Share Topic