Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:58am
Hey Upendo!

Welcome to the forum.....I'm just doing some research for you then we can get started.

Moja!
Chocolate1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chocolate1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 2:59am
Thanks TBL for your immediate reply. I really appreciate u.

chocolate1
tlb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:10pm
You are welcomed Chocolate1.

My wife picked up her visa this last Monday, on July 19.   We are both delighted and look forward to being reunited soon.

The entire process took almost 14 months.   The visa was issued on June 9, 2010. 

I thank you Sarum, Nola, Gakians, Moja and others for your advice and suggestions.  This forum helped us immensely.  I don’t know who had the idea of initiating it but it is certainly an excellent use of the internet. 

Don’t get discouraged.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.  It is just that the tunnel is very long and it is not always easy to find the exit!!!

tlb
gakians View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 10:16pm
Congratulations! TLB!!! Well done! Yes there is light at the end of the old dark tunnel!!!
Great questions being raised! I would suggest the following;-
1. Always wait around 4-6months before contacting your MPs; and do so only when Nbi office is too silent. At times too much correspondence with Nbi office will negatively affect your processing. Please be reasonable and give the visa officer time to review and work on your file.
The best time to contact Nbi office thru your MP is after AOR and when you have submitted all they asked for and your have noticed that they have been so silent and not responding to you.
2. Religious marriage certificates may work well if supported properly with other licences eg. event licence, proof of relation and contact

All the best Everyone; Moja, enjoy the holiday, am sure you will taste maji ya madafu!!Smile
cheers all

Gakians
Ottawa

Maji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 1:07am
Just an update... I sent my applications in last Friday -16th

MISS. received my Package on 19th July 2010 Monday.

Chocolate1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chocolate1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:24am
thanks so much Gakians.
Moja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 1:10pm
Congrats TLB!!! Tongue

Maji: Thanks for the info I updated your timeline! Very persistent I love it! Big smile

Gakians.....Ahsante sana, ni kweli I had maji ya madafu. Ni mazuri sana.

Moja!
micky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 9:34am
i have a question .. i dropped off my pp 10 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them. my question is can they refuse to grant me visa. i mean they are taking this long . is there something wrong or they are just very slow and lazy?????
titina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote titina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 12:30pm
Hi everybody!

I'm really glad I found this forum, it's a great way to support each other during this frustrating long process Thumbs Up

Nairobi has the longest processing time but I was quite surprised to see some applications being processed in a little as 6 months, this really gave me a lot of hopeClap

Here's my time line:

June 15, 2010 : Mailed completed application to CPC- MISS
June 16, 2010 : CPC-MISS received sponsorship application
July 21, 2010 : Sponsorship application approved
Tewa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 2:22pm
I had tha same hope Titina but its fading day in day out coz since i was approved its 1month 2days now and tha nairobi havent replied to ma wife yet its ironical coz her mailing address is in Nairobi..But they say cases are diffrent so its not tha same....Hnag in there and hope for tha best

I admit thiz forum is soo helpfull..Goodluck to all who are waiting and bravo to thoz still waiting//
Mail r'cievd @ cpc-18 may'10
Approved 22 june'10
Nrb recv'd application 28 june'10
Nrb started processing 21 july'10
Added doc's 26 july'10
ppr 10 dec'10
pp droped 14 dec'10
Recvd Visa 19Dec'10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 164>
  Share Topic