Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waitin_vain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:31am

Thanks Ben, I will take it easy and give them a time because I think the application passes different stages that they can not disclose until they are done processing.

@Dkitty, have you heard from Nairobi? what is pending in your application because I thought when they ask for passport then they will issue the visa right away and they have finished background checks. Hope you will hear good news from them.

waitin_vain

Outland Nairobi
File received in Nairobi:September 19,2011
AOR from Nairobi dated: October 11, 2011
Contacted MP:Oct 27,2011 no update.
File under review: January 19, 2012
PP request:................
DKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:20am
Hi Watin_Vain.

They asked from my husbands police certificate after having asked for the PP in Oct. not sure why they did it like that. He lived in another coutry as well and we didnt realize that a certificate from that country needed to be included in the application. so we sent it in end of dec and still waiting for some news.. nothing in site so far :( very discouraging.

Ben - it took my MP 1 week to get some info for me from NBO.
Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:32am
DKitty, did you husband live in another Country for more than 6 months? Because I hear that its when someone lived in another Country for more than 6 months thats when a Police certificate from that Country will be needed. When they ask for a PP and hold it for that long why do they do that? What goes into their heads? they dont think that that a person may need that pp for some other Emergencies. I wonder why would they ask someone for a pp and they are not read to give a Visa, Now your husband is like someone who is under house arrest because he can not travel and in case of disasters who do they think someone would get out of it easily
Anyways, everything is in God's hand. Soon you guys will hear from them because you did all your part unlike me whom an x-ray was not done, I may have to face the 32 months period

Originally posted by DKitty DKitty wrote:

Hi Watin_Vain.

They asked from my husbands police certificate after having asked for the PP in Oct. not sure why they did it like that. He lived in another coutry as well and we didnt realize that a certificate from that country needed to be included in the application. so we sent it in end of dec and still waiting for some news.. nothing in site so far :( very discouraging.

Ben - it took my MP 1 week to get some info for me from NBO.
OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Application in Mississauga 09 Sept 11
First stage Approval 17 Nov 11
Transfered 2 Dakar 17 Nov 11
Dakar re-tranfered file to Narobi Jan 12
Decission made 07-12
DKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 3:33pm
HI guys,

I am off to see my hubby tomorrow. I cant handle this not knowing and waiting. lol. I am super excited and so is he. We are hoping to hear soemthing while i am there!

stupid CIC!! they really know how to get u to spend money u dont have!
waitin_vain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waitin_vain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:10pm

Hello Dkitty,

I wish you a nice trip hopeful you will be able to come back with your hubby while coming back to Canada. Hoping you will  update us if you get news from Nairobi when you are there.

waitin_vain

Outland Nairobi
File received in Nairobi:September 19,2011
AOR from Nairobi dated: October 11, 2011
Contacted MP:Oct 27,2011 no update.
File under review: January 19, 2012
PP request:................
daudbashir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daudbashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:59pm
Hey guys, I received an email from CIC on 15th FEb that they received my application on 5th Jan. Today again, I received an email that I have met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor and the file has been transferred he to Nairobi for further processing. I didnt expect to be so quick! What does this actually means? Does it mean the sponsorship has been approved? Also when i log into to ECAS i am not able to view the application status!!

And on average how long does Nairobi take to issue the Visa?

My Stats :
Application received: 05th Jan 12
Acknowledgement : 15th Feb 12

Approval : 16th Feb 12
File sent to Nairobi : 16th Feb 12

Edited by daudbashir - 16 Feb 2012 at 9:00pm
shasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:52am
Daudbashir,

It means that your sponsorship is approved and they will now send your application to Nairobi for precessing. The current times for Nairobi are I think around 33 months, which starts from the time they begin processing in Nairobi. But don't worry, if you look on the first page of this forum you will see how long each step actually took people. They are supposed to try to process spousal applications within six months, but Nairobi has one of the slowest wait times. That being said it took them 4mths to process my spousal application. Just depends. Good luck!

Shasha
CIC Miss 01/10(2010)
Sponsor. Apr.08/11
NBO Proces. 23/11
AOR-DRC 08/12-Can 15/12
Add.info sent 31/12
PPR/PC via e-mail 03/02(2011)
PP&PC sent 22/02
DM E-Cas 23/03
PR Visa 31/03
Landed 23/04
Dadoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 3:42pm
Hi Guys,

It has been about two weeks since I have sent a prepaid envelope to nairobi for them to return my passport. I am a little worried as the letter we recieved requesting for the prepaid envelope also said that "you have until April 14th to enter Canada, no extensions are possible". There is only two months left before that date and we still have not received the passport. Can anyone please advise on this process? how long is it supposed to take?
If anyone else has sent a prepaid envelope, please let me know how long it took to get it back with the passport?

Many thanks,
2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 9:55am
I wish i had the answer for you Dadoo but i dont because you are way ahead of me in the timeline/2stage approval. 
I am still in limbo here, not known when will i get respond from nirobi is killing me softly lol. Its been over a month since my spouse app was sent to CIC Niarobi but no aknowlegement from them yet.
What do you guys think should i email or phone CIC and ask about the status of my spouse apps in Niarobi or wait? 

Any respond is appreciated.

CPC-M sponsor appr.. Jan 11, 2012
Apps sent NBO.........Jan 11,2012
PPR (emailed)..........Feb 28,2012
Pasport submitted ...March 1, 2012
Pasport received..... March 27, 2012
LANDED... April/2012
2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 9:59am
Dadoo what is your time line?

CPC-M sponsor appr.. Jan 11, 2012
Apps sent NBO.........Jan 11,2012
PPR (emailed)..........Feb 28,2012
Pasport submitted ...March 1, 2012
Pasport received..... March 27, 2012
LANDED... April/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 164>
  Share Topic