Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:26am

Hi Guys!

Any news for February 2009 applicants?
There was a glim of hope sometime in November, but all of you have gone silent!!

abyssinian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abyssinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:52pm
ourkid,
 its been a year since i orderd caips and also my wife went to her mp office and  they didnt help that much , i think i will order caips again this time around. by the way when was ur medical redo letter dated? and the gap between it ur bring forward date?
my medical redo letter  was dated sept. 11 2009, and recieved it on sept 24,  may be we could guess my bring forward date.
thanks.
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:13pm
The letter to redo my wife's medicals was dated October 14th and I received it on October 31st.  Which means from October 14th  to January 7th (bring forward date) is 86 days.  That is significantly longer then the 45 days mentioned in the letter....

Based on my timeline, your bring forward date should be around the first week of December.  Hopefully you hear from the embassy soon!

Thanks,

Shahed

Edited by ourkid8 - 08 Dec 2009 at 8:32pm
gakians View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
Am a February 2009 applicant, My CAIPS had September 03, 2009 as the bring fwd date; so does this mean I have to wait for 86days to hear from them?? Again my med expire mid jan 2010.

I heard somewhere that its not good  to bug them (Nairobi officers)  with too much correspondence.
I dont know how true this is.....
samy008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samy008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:05pm
Hi All

I received a letter dated nov 18 requesting my wife to forward her passport and 4 pics and pay the right to permanent resident fee.  Hopefully this is the last step.  I am forwarding the info to them today. i have also informed them of the birth of our son and started his citizenship application.
i will have to get him a passport once she gets her visa.
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 4:57pm

Hi Samy, that is great news... Congrats!!!  Did you initially pay the right to permanent resident fee? I already paid the full amount ($1040) and my MP's office is looking to see why it is showing up that I did not pay the full fee... The embassy is asking your wife to resend her passport pictures for a 3rd time? 

Based on your timeline, it shows it took just under 2 months for the embassy to ask for a PPR request.  Which means, I should be hearing back from the embassy early in the New Year which coincidently aligns with my bring forward date!  YAY!!!  :) 

gakians - You will most likely have to have your wife redo her medicals again when asked for them... Cry

Edited by ourkid8 - 09 Dec 2009 at 5:00pm
gakians View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:48pm
To Sammy: Congrats Sammy! I hope all goes well as planned and you will be home an happy soon.
Ourkid: Thanks for your views; am really thinking about it. By the way is it a good idea to redo medicals before they send us a request? How long in advance do they send a re-do med letter before they expire? I know of a friend who was issued with visa 10days b4 medicals expired....

To the Forum : Lets keep pace with the discussion and share or answer questions as much and as best as we can. Some members are just butting into the forum with their own personal stories instead of first answering the current question at hand or on helping a stranded friend.... When we do this, then the forum is more beneficial, interactive and informative. Those comments, opinions, advise and past experiences really the forum members help a lot as we sail through a common goal & destination.
thanks

Gakians....

ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:41pm
Ian - From what I have been reading in different threads, they all recommend waiting until the embassy sends a request to redo your wife's medicals; I would wait IMO...  (trust me, I went through the same dilemma so I understand what you are going through)

Edited by ourkid8 - 09 Dec 2009 at 9:42pm
Sarum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:56am
Hi all.

Greetings from Ethiopia.

My husband received a letter from nairobi yesterday, 11 Dec.  It was dated 27 Nov.

He was asked to re-do meds and police clearance and to submit his passport one month after completing his meds and police clearance.

There was no request for more passport pics.  Was wonering if we should do them anyways so that  they have them.  Does nayone know what would be best.

I don't want to get another request in a couple months asking for new passport pics.

Am so excited b/c it seems things are finally moving for us.

We're off to Addis Monday to re-do his meds and police clearance. Can't believe something's finally happening.

ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:13pm
Sarum, wonderful news...... Congrats!!!!!!  :)  I guess you have nothing to lose including the pictures but I personally would only send what they ask for.  You do not want the Immigration Officer questioning why you send them pictures as well.  The visa should be just around the corner, yay!  :) 

What puzzles me is the inconsistency at the embassy!!!!!!! There should be a standard checklist and it seems as though they are sending letters based on the day of the week! (some asks to redo medicals & PP pic, others to redo police check and PP pic, others to redo both with no PP pics)

Congrats again and enjoy Ethiopia!  :)

Thanks,

S

Edited by ourkid8 - 13 Dec 2009 at 11:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 164>
  Share Topic