Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nairobi Processing Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 164>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gakians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:40am

Just to break the Silence;

Kaba: I think you should let them know of the EDD so that they can speed up things. At times Nairobi office gives priority to female applicants.
----------
I sent my wife to for a walk-in enquiry at the Nairobi office. She was just given the Status as it is on the E-CAS "In Process". coz her Medicals expire next week.  
Unbelievable!!!

Anybody with more new??

Happy new year guys

Gakians
kaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:08pm
Gakians, My wife resides in Kinshasa, RDC. I am just wondering if Nairobi would wait until the baby is born to finalize our application.
hamna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:31am
Happy New Year everybody.
Hope 2010 brings us and our families together!

Big smile
harir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 7:02am

halloh

happy new year  guyz  hope all will be well this year ,

I thought i was in the last stage of process after getting a letter to pay the landing fee in Dec ?
but i was shocked today when i went to Naiobi office with my hubby to check the status as jan 2010?
only to be told that they have not receive my medical  report from their Doctor and yet medical was
done and submitted to them on 26.11.2009.
and they have not yet receive confirmation of payments for landing ? surely hw long does the canadianimmigrtaion doctor take to check the report and forward ???????????????

i will be going to their office every week to follow up with them coz as it is they need to be pushed

regards

ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:38pm

Harir - Sorry to hear about that, these guys are something else... What I would do is write all that information in a letter and personally hand that letter to the officer at the embassy. What you should write in the letter are the following: 

·          When DMP sent the medicals and also provide DHL confirmation that they received it

·          Include the DMP's contact information so if they lost the medicals the embassy can call and ask for another copy

·          Receipt that the payment for landing has been paid

·          provide your email address and phone number so if they need to contact you quickly, they have your information readily available

Then go to the embassy and give them a copy of this letter with all that information…. It seems to me they are looking for a reason to delay approving your request and I do not want you to give them one.  Provide them all the proof they need so they can get off their ass and approve your request! 

Let me know if you need any additional advice...

Thanks,

S

Edited by ourkid8 - 07 Jan 2010 at 1:38pm
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:44pm
Thanks Hamna, I wish the same to you!  :)  I am surprised you are still waiting for your passport to be returned from the embassy! If I was you, I would contact my MP or send an email to the embassy asking for a status update! 

Thanks,

S

Originally posted by hamna hamna wrote:

Happy New Year everybody.
Hope 2010 brings us and our families together!

Big smile

Edited by ourkid8 - 07 Jan 2010 at 5:31pm
ourkid8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:50pm
HI Kaba,

Welcome to the board!  :)  What I would initially do is send a letter / fax to the embassy informing them your wife is pregnant.  Based on the current processing timeline, your wife's Visa most likely will not be ready before her June delivery date...

From what I have been reading, the embassy does not care if she is pregnant and that will not speed up the process in any way.  There is absolutely nothing you can do to speed up the process and you just need to wait in queue for your turn...

Thanks,

S

Originally posted by kaba kaba wrote:

Our timeline
February 6 2009 Sponsoring accepted
February 23 2009 Nairobi processing begins

On Dec 23 I received an email response to my request on my wife application status saying that our application is in process and that medical instructions will be sent in January 2010.

My wife is now 3 months pregnant. She is due in June (15). I would like to know how does Nairobi deal with pregnancies, what should we expect and anything that we will need to do so that we do not spend another year waiting.

Thanks for advices

Edited by ourkid8 - 07 Jan 2010 at 1:54pm
kaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 3:36pm
Thanks for your feedback Ourkid8.
Moja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 4:34pm
Happy New Years to all Thumbs Up HAMNA you said it perfectly!

OurKid - Congrats on the PPR! Clap
Abyssinian - Congrats on the PPR! Clap
Kaba - Welcome! Enjoy the ride Angry

Amanda.
samy008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samy008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:21pm
Hi Kaba,

My wife also became pregnant while we were in process.  I had notified nairobi about her
pregnancy and even sent them documents, however they never responded back.  we now have
a baby and just waiting for them to issue visa for her and then we will go forward and apply for
a temporary passport for the baby.  so i suggest you let them now that your wife is expecting
and hopefully your process will be completed before she is due
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 164>
  Share Topic