Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

abudhabi PR and TRV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsvanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: abudhabi PR and TRV
    Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:01pm

hi...

my husband had appiled for my PR from canada on september 13 2010 and by october 13 he got a reply saying application has been accepted and sent to abudhabi for processing and while i was in india for a vacation with my husband i got a mail asking for additional documents.that was in january 2011 which we sent them by courier(for which i never got a repky if they have received the documents or not) and then by feb i returned to dubai n mid march i got mail asking to attend an interview which is on may17th 2010(day after tomorrow).not to forget i applied for TRV which got rejected last month stating i failed to convince the VO that i would leave canada at the end of my stay and also my family ties to country of residence.at that time i was unemployed but 2 weeks ago i have registered a small business on my name n i have all the relevant docs including trade license and registration card etc etc.im planning to apply for TRV again.is my business licenese enough of a proof for me to leave canada ?and also does anyone hhave any idea how long will it take after this for me to get my permanent residence.any help would be highly appreciated since iv lost hopes after TRV getting rejected.also when i check on the website,it says processing time in months from abudhabi is 27months. ...does it actualy take that long or is it just a turn around time that they provide on the website?does that mean i have to wait more than a year to be with my husband?

im already terrified,frustrated,upset and what not.being from an indian family my parents have to deal with questions and taunts everyday about how long will i stay with my parents after marriage.

somebody pls tell me how long will it take for my PR ? and is it a good idea to apply for TRv again ?and also is it a good idea to talk to the interview officer to grant me TRV atleast ?

plssssssssssssssssss help help help

Cry

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:18pm
You can apply for a TRV again if you want to - but I think the chances of the TRV being approved are low. To be approved for a TRV, you must prove that you plan to leave Canada once your visit is over and have no plans to stay in Canada long term. However the CIC knows that you want to stay in Canada long term because your husband has filed the PR application.

Unfortunately it's difficult to say how long it will take for your PR application to be processed. The 27 month time line posted on the web site is how long it took to process 80% of all cases last year (2010).
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Mrsvanc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsvanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:55pm
ok im only loosing hopesUnhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic