Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Calgary Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmadkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 8:40pm
hi everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy1

did any applicatn december2008 or jan2009 recieve their test date yet?
any reply will be apreciateSmile
best regards

dingbats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingbats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:35am
@ahmadkhan
we're still waiting Unhappy
(appl. jan.09)
Lukas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 9:43am

I'm very disappointed about the timeline with the Calgary office, it seems that they're not trying to do anything to clear the backlog and worse, it seems that nobody cares.

Edited by Lukas - 16 Mar 2010 at 9:44am
optimus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:26am
Welcome to Rockies Dude!

Originally posted by Lukas Lukas wrote:

I'm very disappointed about the timeline with the Calgary office, it seems that they're not trying to do anything to clear the backlog and worse, it seems that nobody cares.

ahmadkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmadkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:53am
you guys are pretty much ryt its very disapointment weather other cities or province applicant applied after and now they are already citizens but we still waiting for the test.
regards
ram102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ram102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 11:09am
I think it is a consequence of the oil boom. Many of us came to Calgary around or after 2005's oil boom, this of course caused the number of applications to grow in Calgary more than in any other city in the country.

All I am saying is that thanks to the oil boom our salaries are higher than comparable people in other cities, the downsides are of course higher inflation, housing costs and decreased quality of public services.

Nothing is perfect people,

Alamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by ram102 ram102 wrote:

I think it is a consequence of the oil boom. Many of us came to Calgary around or after 2005's oil boom, this of course caused the number of applications to grow in Calgary more than in any other city in the country.

All I am saying is that thanks to the oil boom our salaries are higher than comparable people in other cities, the downsides are of course higher inflation, housing costs and decreased quality of public services.

Nothing is perfect people,

A simple reminder for you to report this issue to whom it may concern during your oath.

It is true that for most of us salaries are higher but we also pay more taxes so services should follow the pace and some effort should be made to have some kind of fairness between the provinces at least regarding the federal services.

Thanks
aamirkhan1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamirkhan1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:31pm
In other cities where salaries are lower and where they pay low taxes; they normally do testing at least 3 or 4 times a week.

In Calgary there was no test in March and from the forum I can see that there are only 2 or 3 days in the whole month of April they are testing applicant who applied in end of Nov08 and some from Dec 08.

Thanks,

ram102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ram102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by aamirkhan1977 aamirkhan1977 wrote:

In other cities where salaries are lower and where they pay low taxes; they normally do testing at least 3 or 4 times a week.

In Calgary there was no test in March and from the forum I can see that there are only 2 or 3 days in the whole month of April they are testing applicant who applied in end of Nov08 and some from Dec 08.

Thanks,

Hi aamirkhan1977, the no test in March apparently was for different reasons, I don't think it had anything to do with lack of resources ....

Somebody commented during the last test session on February 12th (I was there) that they wanted to stop the tests for almost two months to avoid any confusions on test takers of whether they should study from the old guide or the new guide.

Mid-March was the cutoff date after which they announced they would start administering the new test based on the new study guide. So in order to avoid people failing the test and blaming it on having studied from the wrong guide, they decided to not do any tests immediately before or after that cut-off date, to make it sufficiently clear that anybody taking the test on April will be taking the new test and should study from the new guide.

On a different note, from other people's posts on this forum I saw that there were at least 5 test dates on January, and at least four on February, which seemed pretty much the same people where seeing on Edmonton and Vancouver. Toronto and Montreal have far more tests per month but have in mind that they are 4 and 6 million people cities respectively :)

ahmadkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmadkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 4:06pm
the one thing i would like to mention if cic increased the timeline from 13-14 months to 14-16 but still people are waiting for the test even after 16 months its just crazy n i think they should stick with the timeline they set up and if they do so people will apreciate their efforts??????????????
regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 237>
  Share Topic