Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Calgary Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by ram102 ram102 wrote:

I will certainly do that,

Thanks. I apreciate.
aamirkhan1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamirkhan1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 12:49am
ram102,

Can you please also them that when are they planning to send test notification to Dec 08 and Jan 09 applicant?

Thanks,

maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 1:07am
iI received test invitation letter for april 15, 2010 today. (16 months wait for me since application submission in dec 08). i was hoping for march 2010 test date but i think of no tests in calgary in march, all dec 08 calgary applicants have to wait 16 months or because i applied as family, so it took longer.
aamirkhan1977, we both are dec08 applicant, your test inshallah must be in april too.
aamirkhan1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamirkhan1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 1:49am
congratulations maple! When was your application received in CIC office?

ahmadkhan,
Did you receive test notification?

Anybody in calgary who applied in Jan 09 received test notification? Please share.

Thanks,
andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 4:59am
Hi Guys, 

You think, your waiting time is ridiculous?
We sent application Dec 30, 2008. Arrived, acknowledged Jan 12 2009. Started processing JUly 31, 2009
AND IT IS STILL IN SYDNEY!
Has anyone heard anything like it?

Edited by andie - 12 Mar 2010 at 4:59am
ram102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ram102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:35am
Hey Andie,

The thing is that every case is unique, for example some cases take longer because the applicant's country of origin is in conflict (Iraq, Pakistan, etc). Or when the applicant was involved in an armed conflict (war), these are just examples, there could be perhaps dozens of situations in which CIC makes the scrutiny is very tight on the light of the particular applicant's background.

If they have to do background checks with international agencies (i.e. Interpol, Europol, etc), that of course delays the application for months.

I had a friend in Montreal who came from Pakistan, he applied for the citizenship right after the 9/11 attacks ...  his citizenship application took over 4 years.

It's been almost a decade since that incident, but I think the example illustrates the point that the processing times are very dependent on the applicant's background and the special circumstances that may be surrounding the case,

I think the best you can do is to try to forget about it and you'll see that the time flies. In my case I submitted the application and totally forgot about it, I didn't even knew how many months it was on the works .... until 2 months ago when I got a job offer that required me to be a citizen ... that's when I started suffering for the waiting time :(

hope this helps,

maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 2:02pm
@aamirkhan1977

Mine is family application, yours is single or Family?

Received December 16 2008
In process June 8 2009
Transfered to Calgary July 24
Test April 15, 2010

so 16 months from submission to test.

Edited by maple - 12 Mar 2010 at 2:05pm
andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:49pm
It is a family application, and we are East European. The thing is, we lived in the US before immigrating, and my husband was still working on a contract, so we came over for a quick visit, applied for PR card before the deadline expired, went back for another nine months before we moved. My husband went back a few more time to conferences, but that's all. As far as I know, US background check is not that complicated from Canada. 
To be honest, nothing is urgent, we can renew our PR card and passports, its just me getting worried what is going on and the call centre is always busy, takes days to get through to an agent.
Andie

ahmadkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmadkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 10:45pm
hi aamirkhan
                          not yet im waiting for my test date yet
regards
Lukas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 10:48am
Hy guys got new update today, yayy

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 25, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on May 25, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 16, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on March 11, 2010. The Calgary office will contact you if additional information is required. The Calgary office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 237>
  Share Topic