Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Calgary Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
Chemgal:

Question for ya. Might be a stretch but the people you know who took their oaths in Jan 2012, do you remember when they were called in for their testing and if they had Resident Questionaires to deal with?

chemgal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 10:58am
AG: one was a family of 3 who had their test in mid december. The other was a single applicant who had test in november and oath scheduled for december but was out of the country so they rescheduled him for jan 30th (2 weeks after he confirmed that he was back from his vacation)
ag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 11:17am

Hmmm. That makes me feel horrible. I took my test Dec 2nd, got RQed Dec 7th and then cancelled my vacation because there was no word of the oath. Maybe time to call up the 1800 number again. Or shoudl one contact Mr. Kenny's office directly?

chemgal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
that should not make you feel horrible. With RQ, you never know whether its a matter of weeks or months. If I were you, I would just go ahead and make your vacation plans and inform CIC that you will be away for X number of days/weeks. As long as you have submitted all the RQ documentation, the ball is now in their court. It seems that they are not too anal about people going away for a few weeks as long as you inform them before you go and re-inform them when you are back.

What kind of trend were you looking for with those oath dates, AG? 
BadMaghz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadMaghz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by XZero XZero wrote:

When I got back home today, I checked my mail box and to my surprise I got the test letter and my test is on 24 Feb Thumbs Up, hopefully everyone else will get their test dates soon.

Congrats XZero. Good luck on your test. 
XZero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm
Thanks BadMaghz and chemgirl :)

Edited by XZero - 10 Feb 2012 at 2:06pm
ag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 4:22pm
Well I was hoping for some sort of a pattern, ie they call you after a month after you submit your RQ or something. I spoke to the agent today, he said they can hold on to your app up till a year after your RQ notice, which in my opinion is BS. Given the integrated systems they have today, they should be able to verify a bunch of stuff, like entry exit dates, taxes filed etc.

I know I may be a little paranoid, but I really dont want to travel until AFTER the oath taking which is why I cancelled my trip.

Good luck on your test guys, it'll be an awesome experience hopefully.
calgarymarch2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarymarch2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 8:48pm
WooHoo!!!!

Wife got her test date today.....Feb 24....I was starting to worry we had fallen into the black void

Our file was sent to Calgary Dec 2
BadMaghz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadMaghz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by calgarymarch2011 calgarymarch2011 wrote:

WooHoo!!!!

Wife got her test date today.....Feb 24....I was starting to worry we had fallen into the black void

Our file was sent to Calgary Dec 2

Congrats and good luck on your test.
flifca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flifca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:51pm
Hi Everybody 
I`m new to this forum, I have founded it very helpful, from what i have seen in people`s comments that when the file is transferred to Calgary the CIC will put it in the Que. and first come first serve or it depends and if so on what?
thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 237>
  Share Topic