Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Calgary Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarymarch2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
Good luck....tell them to get the rest of us in that are waiting!!!Wink
ag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:01pm
Good luck...
BD_2B_CDN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD_2B_CDN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:43pm
Tariq and Badmaghz please share your test experience and questions if you remember any of them
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 10:27am
I did the test yesterday and posted the questions I remember here

In general, it was smooth interview and easy test. The interview was for about 10 minutes and the officer did check the passports throughly.
For those who will go for the test in the future, it is now required to bring copies of the passports. It is written in the blue paper that you will recieve as part of the test invitation.
calgarymarch2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarymarch2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 11:23am
Congrats Tarik,

Quick question base don your experience......if I'm missing two stamps for entry into the US and I've declared them in application, will the interviewer give me grief?

Only out of the country 10 times over the 1095 days
BadMaghz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadMaghz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 1:14pm
Immigration officers started interviewing ppl half hour before the scheduled time for test. It took them an hour n half to be done with 25+ ppl. Unfortunately  I was the second person being interview and I was asked a few questions like "why did I change my address" Duh! and then the passports were checked page by page. They kept a photocopy of the proof of Landed Immigrant and of my passports. They give you back your Documents and ask you to fill out the test answer sheet with your name, file # and case ID. After that you sit for however long it takes for them to finish with all the applicants then you take the test and walk out the door with a piece of paper telling you that it might take 1 - 3 months to get a notice to appear for an oath "If you pass". 
It took me less than 5 mins to write the test but took an hr n half to wait for the test to began. 

The test questions were some as Tarik mentioned the link above and some were from v-soul.com citizenship test questions. 

Good luck to all.  
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 2:07pm
at Calgarymarch2011,

I don't think it would be a big deal if you have two stamps missing as long as you declared the trips. My wife had three trips, two of them were missing entry stamps at Canada but they had entry and exit stamps of the countries she visited.

The officer was reviewing the passports almost page by page and he had my declaration form infront of him and he was checking the visits against the stamps. I also offered him a translation that I had for some arabic stamps in my passport, and he reviewed it and returned to me as most of these stamps were before the time I landed in Canada and irrelevant to him.

He kept only copies of our expired passports as this seems to be a new requirements for all applicants. Be prepared to answer questions like where do you work now and if you have a new address that is different than the one you used when applying and if you have any recent trips out of Canada.
XZero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 4:34pm
Congratulations Tarik and BadMaghz on finishing your tests. I hope I will get the test date soon, don't know whats taking Calgary office so long, my dates were a few days apart from Tarik.
mcmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 4:47pm
My family applied for Canadian Citizenship in October 2004. In October 2005, I ... On the test the immigration officer asked us about our expired
calgarymarch2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarymarch2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 5:07pm
Thanks Tarik,

We declared both trips....so I hope they don't fuss....definitely not trying to hide anything
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 237>
  Share Topic