Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Calgary Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:23pm
Not really good progress at Calgary office. Used to get the test requests in 4-5 months after file status changes to in-process. But now even jan applications status changed to in-process haven't got the test requests..

yycgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yycgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:01pm
I've been in process for almost 9 months now, CIC assures me my file is in Calgary and I'm just waiting for a test date, but its been there since April with no movement. At this rate it will take me the 25 months that CIC says it takes to process "routine" applications.
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:38pm
I think Calgary applicants have hard waiting time these days with the unpredictable processing times..

Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:21pm
Everyone in Canada who has a citizenship application pending is not happy about the unpredictable process, processing time, and opaque process. 
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
canadiancoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadiancoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
I have exactly the same timeframe as you since Jan 2013 in process. Just called CIC and they have confirmed that it has been transferred to the Calgary office.

Based on this info and others experiences I think maybe 4 months to get test date and then 2-3 months for oath making it approx 6-9 months from now.....hopefully.

Anyone else have any timeframes from when application got transferred to calgary?
bennyboy2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennyboy2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:33am
Hi!!

I hope we hear something from Immigration pretty soon! Please update me with your application, and I will do the same!!

Cheers!

Originally posted by canadiancoops canadiancoops wrote:

I have exactly the same timeframe as you since Jan 2013 in process. Just called CIC and they have confirmed that it has been transferred to the Calgary office.

Based on this info and others experiences I think maybe 4 months to get test date and then 2-3 months for oath making it approx 6-9 months from now.....hopefully.

Anyone else have any timeframes from when application got transferred to calgary?
Benny Boo
#I am so looking forward to having my Canadian Passport!#
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by canadiancoops canadiancoops wrote:

canadiancoops - what day your file transferred to Calgary office? I'm a month behind to your in-process status change date. I submitted new application form with CBSA consent in oct 2012.

Edited by ABCitizen - 10 Aug 2013 at 3:08pm
canadiancoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadiancoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 1:10pm
They couldnt tell me as I called - I originally called in early July and they said it was still in Ontario and then last week said it had been transferred so I would hazard a guess at early August. Nothing update on ecas online status
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 7:26pm
Thanks. Looks like now CIC taking 7-8 months to transfer file to local office (Calgary). I guess Alberta floods may be a reason for this slow processing of citizenship applications in Calgary office..
yycgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yycgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:17pm
I just received my test notification in the mail!!!

I write the exam on September 17 :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 237>
  Share Topic