Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help, problem on workpermit delay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velbonhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, problem on workpermit delay
    Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:16pm
Hello everyone!

My current work permit expired on March 6 2011.
My application of work permit extension(same employer) was received on Feb 2, 2011.
I checked the application processing time, they are still processing the applications received on Dec 10, 2010, and the processing time is 139 days. So do I have to wait for at least 4 months?

My problem is that I am planning to travel on July, so I have to apply for re-entry visa with my work permit. Is there anyway to contact the office to speed up the process?

Thank you!
ravi8899 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravi8899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:23pm
hi same thing here,waiting i applied after u on april,, i dont know when i will get,, this game sucks>>>>>>>>>
adubrovs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adubrovs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 1:50pm
For whatever reason new work permit processing time has not moved in over 3 weeks. It's stuck on April 11....
jastinlockhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jastinlockhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:40pm
Too bad. Can't you tell to the office that the working permit is urgently needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls. -Lenny Bruce
immigrationlawyersnow.org
In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls. -Lenny Bruce
Immigration Attorney
philvila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philvila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:50pm
May be you need to get to the office to tell the problem. Whether it is Work Permit or emigrate to Canada  there is a processing time. and you need to wait for it. just back at the office and ask about your application.

Edited by philvila - 02 Jul 2011 at 9:52pm
Phil Vila
michael_logsdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael_logsdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:48am
Just follow up your problem to them. :) Also try getting some other work permits like uk work permit. :)
Michael Logsdon
yamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:06am
Hi there,your problem is a little bit similar of mine.The only thing is yours was expired mine i'm just applying for the first time and i have all the documents and all pass to Canadian Immigration last Jan.and i received an email from the immigration that they received my papers and until now i don't know yet when i will get my work permit because the expiry date of my LMO is already laps so this will be possible one of the reason why it taking so long?Please somebody give an answer of this because its really so annoying that we keep on waiting for so long...yours truly yamie
yamie
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 10:39pm
Initial work permits are applied for outside Canada and the length of processing depends upon the region you're applying from. Even if your LMO is expired, it is okay, as long as you have submitted a complete WP application package before LMO expired.

Originally posted by yamie yamie wrote:

Hi there,your problem is a little bit similar of mine.The only thing is yours was expired mine i'm just applying for the first time and i have all the documents and all pass to Canadian Immigration last Jan.and i received an email from the immigration that they received my papers and until now i don't know yet when i will get my work permit because the expiry date of my LMO is already laps so this will be possible one of the reason why it taking so long?Please somebody give an answer of this because its really so annoying that we keep on waiting for so long...yours truly yamie
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
STNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:52pm

Hi every one,

It is clear that work permit renewals taking much longer time comparing to the past years. However longest time it take only if you submit paper application. Having said that I believe you guys aware that you can apply for your work permits online which takes half of the processing time it takes for the paper application.
TFW AB

Edited by STNN - 28 Jul 2011 at 10:53pm
STNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 11:00pm
I have gone through a similar situation last year. No they are not speeding up the process just because you are in a rush to get it. And also since you need a TRV you will not be able to return if you leave Canada without having your documents in order. I also believe you have applied with papers and that takes longer (100+ days) However if you have submitted your application online you could have cut down the processing time almost by half. As its already in process there is nothing else you can do than WAITING!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic