Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:52am
Where did our page go?  How do I find you all?  I am not very adept on the computer...and am lost.  Please help???
Emad View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:12am
The old forum has been archived and set as read-only. You can still access the thread you were participating in at http://immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47157. However you will not be able to post anything in the old forum anymore. 

All the members will be notified soon regarding the forum switch and hopefully your discussions will continue in the new forum. 
dea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:25pm
Thank you Emad.
Hi bellacini,
Yesterday I sent all our cuban friends an e-mail letting them know where we are.
Esquivel should be joining us soon.
How are things with you??
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:25pm
Hello Dea:

Thank God, we are still here...I would really, really miss the connection, if we weren't able to communicate.  I am doing better...each day; does get a little easier. (I know that you know how it is).  I have completed all of the necessary paperwork/changes, regarding my father's death, so, that is a relief.  We are just waiting for find out what kind of income supplements my mother will be eligible for, now that my father's CPP will be reduced (I never knew this...it is absolutely criminal), and she will be without his Old Age Security.  I was really shocked to find out that my mom's CPP 'survivor's benefit will only be (about 60% of what my dad received??)...and to which he contributed to, since its inception.  It will make a huge difference to my mom's income, so, fingers crossed on the absolute maximum eligibility for ANY sort of supplements.  Even IF she receives some supplementation, I am pretty certain that she will (still) need to move into a one bedroom apartment, as it is a whooping $300 difference per month.  After my husband is here, and working, we will (of course), contribute, as much as we are able to. 

I had my first 'day off', since the beginning of September, and started to really prepare our 'nest', for my husband.  I have a huge pile of 'stuff' that I am getting rid of, as well, my 21 year old son has (finally) moved out the remainder of his 'stuff', so I can really start to organize.  There are alot of things that I want to get done, but, I am not in a panic about anything.  "We' can do, (whatever is required), when he is here.  I am hoping that our file will be dealt with very soon.  If I am remembering correctly; Nikima's file started to be processed the beginning of September, and Sita1976's, the beginning of October??  Our letter from the Embassy, is dated September 30th, so, (IF, IF, IF  there is any rhyme or reason) to how they process, I imagine, we should be hearing soon?  (Or, we can what until our DNR date of March, 2010------please God, NO!!!!)   From all the information that I have researched/read about/heard about...I believe that our file is complete?  My husband has pre-applied for his PRE, we just need the e-ticket and for him to remove himself from the ration system.  I was lucky enough to have Salsaj 'hook me up' with a woman, from Montreal, who is going to Cuba on Wednesday...and I will be couriering her our updated (copies) of our emails and phone bills, and will be bringing them all to my husband, in Havana.  Yeah!!!!  from what I have ascertained, the 'phone calls' seem to come from the Embassy on Fridays (usually?), and their 'appointments' at the Embassy, the following Wednesdays?  I have guarded optimism that we 'should' be hearing any Friday...and God willing....it will be just a matter of paperwork, from there.  Of course, IF they want an interview, (I believe?) that they schedule those 3 weeks in advance.  I feel confident that (even if there is an interview), we certainly have enough evidence to prove a 'genuine relationship', but, of course, none of us can assume anything. With aninterview, it really seems to be 'out of our hands', and it's a factor, that I simply do not what to have to be worried about.

This not knowing...this waiting game is absolute torture, as you know all too well.  Take care my friend...
-Bellacini
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:28pm
Hey Bellcini OMG I found you woo hoo hoo

I added a forum too under CUBA PRE PVE WE ARE BACK
in case we loose each other again
I hope the others find us

Love Esquivel
Hope this message finds you well?
Esquivel
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:44pm
oh I see up top Dea is here also woo hoo hoo!!! were getting back together girls yippy
Glad to read your in clean up mode Bellacini. Me too my room mate moved out Friday so I know have my office back woo hoo hoo! now just need to get the daughter out I lkeep posting notes on the fridge RENT due today $350 so far she has removed them all and thrown them away.
My husband was a bit angry today he missed work because one of the dogs got out on the loose in the street so by the time he found him he was too late to go to work the guys had left already He was going to do some extra work on his days off with the guy who first hired him. So needless to say he is home and a little bit miffed but still happy to see me. I am tiered after only getting 4 hours of sleep I was overnighting in Saskatoon 2 hours different in time. Then my son called last  night at 11.30pm  thinking I was home which would have been 9.30pm Vancouver time.
After that yet another phone call hubby's boss so needless to say got back to sleep around midnight and my wake up call was 4am uuch!
Just had another blow up with my daughter like 10 mins ago she is beaking off at me about having to pay rent blah blah blah what about your husband WTF does he pay. Well that is not her business what he pays she wants to stay living at home not in school anymore then Rent is due. so there. Sorry personally venting grrrrrrrr Im miffed at her right now as she has no respect for me or my husband at all.
Anyway I glad we are back all us girls
chat again soon

Esquivel
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:03am
Finally... I am back ! I was lost in this new forum. Hope everybody is well ! Nikima, does you and your husband find a way to reunited yourself soon ?
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:05pm
Hola mi amigas:

Just an update:
File received by CIC in Mississauga:  August 18, 2009
File received in Havana "In Process':  September 30th, 2009
"DND" date March 23, 2010
(3 and 1/2 months since application submitted)

I called my MP's (Member of Parliament's) office on Tuesday, and received a call back yesterday.  I was curious to know if she was able to obtain any information on what is happening with our file/what 'stage' they are at/IF they require anything further, etc.  I had also asked if the Embassy would consider looking at our file (from a Humanitarian and Compassionate perspective), given my father's recent passing.  It was a very interesting call.  First, she said that the Embassy does not ever look at files from a H & C perspective, that is just a fact Jack!  She said: "I am going to tell you something that freaks out a lot of people, but, which is, actually very good news".  I'll bite.....she said, that there were absolutely no 'notes' on our file, and what that (indicated to her) was that the file had been reviewed, and there was not anyhting else that they were requiring, (at this point in time).  She said that if there are a number of 'notes' on the file, (for example--needs new medical---needs more proof of relationship, etc.), these would be causes for delays.  She felt that, by having no 'notes', it indicated that our file (was considered) to be complete, and we are just in 'wait mode'.  Now, of course, the file can still sit on someone's desk until our DNR date of March 23, 2010.  She said that they will not create a "Bring Forward Date" until the 5 month period has passed.  She based this on the usual processing time of 5-7 months (for Havana), and told me to call her back, on Jan. 18, 2010, if we had not heard anyhting.  She said, at this point (the 5 month mark), they would have to come up with a "Bring Forward Date', which is a date, whereby the file must be looked at, and dealt with.  Although, the Embassy has every right, to continue 'sitting on our file", until January 18, 2010, I found it very encouraging to know that there were no 'notes' on our file.  Having your MP make inquiries does not jeopardize (or piss off anyone), as it is within our rights, to do so, and go through this proper channel/protocol.  Of course, I have absolutely no idea if this phone call, from a diplomatic source will hasten the processing of our file, but, as she told me, it certainly doesn't hurt anything.  Knowing that Nikima and Sita1976's husband's had recently received their visas, (and having their applications submitted in fairly close proximity), does make me feel a little more confident.  Although, that being said, it can also mean absolutely nothing.  But, atleast I know, (for this moment in time) the Embassy is not questioning or requiring anything further from us, as so, I am optimistically hoping that this means, that someone/anyone will soon be picking up our file, and phoning my husband.  I have a 'feeling' that he will receive the phone call (either) this Friday, or the following, but, I really know absolutely nothing.  I don't know if this is simply wishful thinking, or an actual 'sense' that something is 'in the air'.  God, I hate speculating!!!!  I hope everyone is well....any updates from anyone...on anything??
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm
Oh that is great new Bellacini.
It does help getting the infor from you MP it shows the immigration office your not just lying around waiting that you are seriously wanting your husband and your marriage to start today not in a few months. I can safely say your there my friend 99.9% your done and he will be hearing from the embassy soon. Woo hoo hoo!!
Keep me posted okay
Welcome back Salsaj happy to see you hear yippy
Esquivel
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:51pm
Hola amigas...  If there is no notes about new proofs of relationship Havana is very cool ! Much more cool than I was thinking ! it is sound like your MP looks at yours CAIPS notes.... they tell something that don't means nothing afterall.... Let's see what the future will bring to us now, we don't have the choice anyway. Bellacini, sooner you write that you were suppose to go back to Havana next enero to wait with your husband, do I dream or I see this in the forum ?  This should help this wait under the sun with your husband ! And in january, just 2 months left for our "no disturb date" ... Trust me if at this date we did not hear about nothing  I am going to knock and very loud, at every doors I can... 
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic