Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:21pm
CONGRATS!!!!!!!Tongue
BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:27pm
Anything is win until the visa is in the passport but I am too happy for braking my happyness!!!
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:23pm
Yeah Yeah Yeah !!!!! that is sooooooooooooooooooooo exciting INTERVIEWS woo hoo hoo !!!! Then the Visa and finally OFF TO CANADA
congratulations

Esquivel
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:29pm
Salsaj

Never ever appologise for writting BIG letters to us all
That is why we write them because we are SISTERS and that is why we respond to them also because we are SISTERS. Never appologise EVER for expressing you thoughts feeling concers or doubts Big smile
I am so excited for you I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy my husband is here now with me I am really really lucky we got to spend Christmas together and New Years We had a blast
I am going back to Cuba in March visit with my inlaws for 2 weeks while my hubby stays here and works lol:) I will be in Santiago de Cuba though not Havana or Varadero.
If anyone needs me to take anything down with me or drop stuff off or mail stuff when I am in Cuba let me know okay?
Glad to help any of you

Esquivel
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:35pm
OMG !!!! how excited are you right now

I am soooooooooooooooooo excited for you

this is it FINAL COUNTDOWN
congratualtions darlin woo hoo hoo !!
Esquivel
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:38pm

Estoy loca ! I am crazy ! Je suis folle !!!!

Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
Wow lots of stuff going on in here my sisters OMG!!
Just keep focused it all works out in the end
I was there were you all are now
waiting for any kind of news
waiting for my MP to find out something
waiting for my Husband to get military papers signed off
waiting to se if I needed to send any more documents or updates to Havana
waiting for a interview date
waiting for the pre PRE to be ready
Holly cow alot of waiting but its worth it when you finally hear OKAY MI AMOR COMPLETA
YO TENGO MI VISA
Yes I have my Visa I will see you in Canada next week OMG!!!!

WELL
It has been 4 months now that my husband arrived in BC and it is amazing. We spent out first Christmas together and New Years which was soooooooooooooooooo much fun.
Yes we have had some Cultural differences a few bumps here and there and some slight communication problems once in a while but nothing that we havent been able to resolve so far.
Silly stuff really things that you can't or don't do or say in Cuba as apposed to things you can do here in Canada. Some attitude adjustments on both parts as well but really it is absolutley wonderful to be together. Lots of Besos lots of Amor.

My husband is attending school 3 nights a wekk for ESL through the immigration program and his English has improved 100% before he spoke NO english now he speaks to me only in English well sort of broken mix but for the most part I understand what he is trying to say.
Sometimes it doesnt come out right though he will say Dee me hungry you preparation food for me now.... Ha ha ha oh hell NO.... so I tell him Pedro you have to rephrase that by saying 
Dee I am hungry are you making anything for dinner yet? or have you made anything for dinner yet? if you say it your way it sounds demanding which he is not deliberatley trying to be all he is really saying is he is hungry and would like to eat something soon. HA HA HA !!! my daughter on the other hand though doesnt get it and get pissed off at him. She say's tell him to make his own dam food if he is hungry .... ouch !!! yeah can ya tell its fun some days in my household. 
But hey we get over it and it gets sorted and everyone is happy in the end.
My daughter has to understand his first language is Spanish and the translation from spanish to english isnt the same.   

He is working now too which helps so we are able to contibute to helping his family back in Cuba. He also helps out at home here as well. Oh and trust me Yes we had some disagreements regarding money too but that has worked itself out. Something I am sure all of you will face at some point

Remember it is very very very different here as to what they are accustomed to back home. knowone said marriage is easy either you have to work on it everyday. But it is my blessing I love my husband 1000% and he loves me right back.

It isnt easy coming here and being so overwhelmed with everything it really does take time for them to settle in. My husband is very very stubborn and reminds me all the time that he is 100% Cubanno. I tell him Yes honey I know that but you have to adjust to the Canadian way in some things or you will hate it here and never feel at home or fit in. He is still fighting that some days slowly he is letting his Cuban guard down and allowing the change to happen.

Remember my SISTERS you can not change your man they have to change and adapt on their own and in their own time. Even it canwhen you know you are only trying to help them and you want only the best for them it can backfire and they can push back so fast that they may tell you they can not deal with the change and that they want to go home back to Cuba. Cuba is in ther blood that is all they know right now that is all they have ever known.

That is what I have learnt very quickly over the past 4 months. GO SLOW take every day as it comes. Speak calmy even when you fel like ripping their head off because you think they are being so un-greatfull. Remember they left everything behind for us their friends their family their lifestyle and much much more so please dont  take that for granted. That is huge for them to do that for us and for love. Love them support them and appreciate them when they get here. No matter what obsitcles you may face. It wont always be a bed of roses hugs and kisses because yes life in Cuba apposed to life in Canada is oh sooooooooooooooooooo very different.

My husband commented a while back he said "Dee you Carachter change???" I said no it hasn't but then I realised he meant I wasnt always laughing and joking and having fun. I had a serious side to me. That was something he probably didnt get to see too often. Why, because everytime I was with him in Cuba I was on Vacation. Yeap so I had no worries about paying my rent paying my bills making my car payments buying groceries getting stuck n rush hour traffic. I was on holiday in holiday mode relaxing drinking rum partying and laughing all day long not a csre in the world.
Back home you however you live your day to day life ..... some stress at times and frustrations and that is what he came to notice. So to him I had changed.
These are some of the things to be on the look out for when your husbands come here they to will probably say you too have changed. But when they are here for a little while they slowly start to understand the day to day life here in Canada and realise you havent changed it is just that we live in a very differnt world to theirs that is all and things are just very different.

I really hope I am making sence here ?
working for them is different,
money is different,
culture is different.
So many new things to learn see and do I can't imagine how over whelming it really is for them.

I did just want to share that with all of you just so you have a heads up at least.
Regrets ??????? NONE
NADA
not a ONE !!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

I will stay intouch and keep you updated and I will still come to the forum to see how you are all doing 
Happy New Year to you all

Para siempre sisters
Love Dee Esquivel
Esquivel
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 7:49pm
Salsaj: If I am remembering correctly, you should be heading to Cuba, in the next week or so.  How wonderful for you and your husband.  Will you be there for his interview?  I can't remember how long you were going for.  Whatever the case, you are almost there, my dear....so close!! I am really hoping that you will keep us posted, all through your journey.

Esquivel: Thanks so much for the detailed update and insight, from your last post.  You spoke about some really important points, that we will all be able to benefit from.  Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do that.  Those are many of the 'challenges' that I have been thinking, we would come across.  It really helps hearing it first hand.  I found it particularily interesting about your husband commenting on how you have 'changed'.  Of course, when any of us are in Cuba, it is not our natural environment, we have no real pressures, deadlines, or obligations, and so, we are all sweet little princesses.  Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.  But, I think his point is well taken, and one that each and every one of us will experience. I know, for me, I am much, much more reserved and (almost ) passive in Cuba.  I don't know the 'lay of the land', the culture, or language, and always feel out of sorts. I absolutely love Cuba, but, I am a stranger in a strange land, and don'r have the same level of confidence and self-assuredness, that I do, on my own turf.  My husband has never seen me 'wheel and deal', in the way that a strong, single woman, who has raised her son, (by herself)...needs to do, in order to survive and move forward.  I am operating on (about) 30% capacity, when I am in Cuba, and I know, (for sure) that he will be very taken aback, by my assertiveness, confidence and resourcefulness.  Some of it he will like, but, undoubtedly, some he will not.  And, of course, it works both ways.  For our husbands, they will (naturally, and logically) be less confident...a little less assertive..and a little less resouceful, because 'their footing', will not feel sound, for quite some time.  I know, first hand (from my months in Havana) how difficult that can be, and exactly what it feels like...and, I am thinking, it may be even more difficult for our husbands, being of the male persuasion.  They are used to knowing where everything is...how to go about getting 'this or that' done, and (I'm sure) are all very accomplished, in their own rights.  Take every ounce of familiarity out of the picture, and it is an extremely unnerving feeling.  They (at first) will have to rely on us for (almost) everything, and with that, can come a hugely dangerous dynamic; that of being more of a mother (to our husbands), than wives.  Not that any of us want that, but, given the particular circumstances, I don't see how it can't have a certain element of that.  I know it will be a very challenging and delicate balancing act.  It sounds like you are handling it well.  And thanks again for sharing with us.
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:08pm
Hola amiga... I am taking the plane thursday and we will be at the embassy the 27 th at 10 h 30. No I do not want to go for the interview, it is sad but it is for my love this one... But I will be with to wait and it is worth a lot for us... The waiting outsideis going to be hard and long.. He will tell the immigration officer that I am outside if they need something from me for helping.
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 10:24pm
The liberation letter arrived today !!!! YA-OU!!!!
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
  Share Topic